Most of us Wave sailors do not use mast stands, and most of us do not take our masts apart for trailering. We just lie them down flat on the boat or under it or whatever, with appropriate padding.

However, if that trailer you are looking at has a pretty short tongue, you might not want your mast sticking out too far in the back. SO, in that case you might have to either take the mast apart or have a mast stand.

I'm not sure I would trust supporting the mast on a mast stand for trailering, since the two parts of the mast are not glued together -- I would worry about the sections working themselves apart when you are on the road.

Also, no matter how you trailer your mast, you should always make sure it is either on its side or has the sail track facing upward to prevent damage to the track (especially important for comptips).

Another thing to think about when you are spending a lot of money to get a new Trailex trailer: As people said in that thread Mike linked you to, a Trailex frame can last you a lifetime, so if you think you might at some point want to move up to a bigger boat, you might want to think about spending the extra money to get a trailer that will handle up to a 20-foot cat. If you sell the Wave, keep the trailer.

Plus, as I said in that other thread, if you have a big enough trailer frame, you can make it into a flatbed that can carry various sized boats and can also be used for transporting non-boating items. You can even put removable sides on the flatbed. We have one of the larger Trailex trailers (originally got it for a Nacra 6.0), with a triangulated tongue, and we removed the rollers and made it into a flatbed (two 4x8 pieces of plywood). We carry three Hobie Waves on it, two double-stacked and the other taken apart. The masts are all carried full-length, flat, on top of the lower-level Wave in the double-stack. We have the Hobie bob ends sticking out the back.

So what I am saying is that when you spend a lot of money for a trailer, think about all the possible uses you might have for that trailer, now and in the future, boats and other.

P.S. Another good thing about Trailex is that all the parts are adjustable and interchangeable (sort of like Tinkertoys). If you bend or break one part of the frame by hitting an immovable object (as we have done), you can just replace that one piece instead of having to replace the whole trailer or do major cutting and welding repairs.

And, of course, I am a big fan of Trailex because I can pick up the trailer, with boat on it, and move it around with one hand.