Hey Folks -

The ever-elusive Tommy wanted me to post a quickie to say "Thanks." The Worrell 1000 was a blast this year and we had a lot of fun. Our web site enjoyed 89,000 hits during the race with a lot of folks coming from this forum. The finish time sweepstakes was big fun and it was great to see so many names I recognized entering guesses every day.

The tracking had some burps in the beginning, but I think we demonstrated that it's totally do-able and we hope to see it on EVERY boat next year - that was the whole idea from the beginning. We knew we'd take some lumps for trying out, but someone has to take that leap. As long as the rules evolve to prevent abuse, I think its a cool feature for spectating sailors.

Thanks for all the e-mails of encouragement and suggestions - we got scads of letters every day, and Nigel and Alex enjoyed hearing what everyone had to say during our morning coffee in the motorhome. We appreciate everyone who took the time to send a note.

The final story and pictures are up on the web site - Wick Smith is the genius behind the great layout and content. Next time you see him at a regatta on his Hobie 20, give him a pat on the back - he didn't sleep much those two weeks, even though he wasn't on the road with us.

Grab a copy of Sports Illustrated this week if you can - there are some great pictures (way to go, Walter!) and Todd Hart really explains well why folks get involved with such an undertaking. Hat's off, Todd - can't wait to see you again next year. The story in SI will do a lot to elevate cat sailing in the eyes of the general public.

Keep supporting cat racing - see you on the water soon.

John Williams

Tommy Bahama Sailing Team

www.TommyBsailing.com

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.