Paul, my diamonds are at 35 on the loos gauge and the spreaders are all the way in. I do not know how many inches of prebend though. What do ya think? I also run zero rake, one or two up. I have noticed rooster tails though, specially when I am hauling butt around the course.

Hiya Robi,

I'm not the ideal weight for the F16 one up ( my guess is about 180 - 190lbs. is about optimal in the S.F. Bay Area...).The fat head main has been a great compensatory measure for me and the intended engineering/design of the sail has worked best for me when I : 1. stabalized the lateral bend of the mast (tight diamonds) 2. reduced the prebend (I had my spreaders angled waay back to help with my being overpowered above 12knts.)3. With less prebend (more power), I've had to work in a combination of less rotation to weather and lots of downhall ( again above about 12knts.).Also, rooster tails look cool and are SUPER slow... You're footing without dropping a bit of mainsheet (to weather again) or you're raked too far aft or your body positioning on the hull is not optimal.
Finally, shake off the Tradewinds nonsuccess, we're all learning to sail these boats fast and the occasional butt kicking keeps the dream vivid...

PK