Hey Mike,
Sorry I haven't had a chance to call. I'd still like to talk and will call in the next few days or over the weekend.

I finally got my mast back up and the difference was incredible. I opted to leave a fair amount of spreader rake (probably a 3" gap) in there and then tightened the diamonds until about a 2.5-3" gap could be measured between the luff track and a straight line held taught along the luff track (picture the mast with a line tied from the tip to tip along the luff track. As the mast bends,you can measure the distance and use that to gauge your static prebend.

Having the extra leverage has made a huge different in the performance in the sail. Granted, all sails are different, so this might not be for all. Over time, I might back off the spreader rake as the downhaul is a bit too sensitive. It doesn't take much to fully flatten the sail.

At any rate, I'm much more in the ball park then I was before. I have something I can work with now (and tell tales start flowing when I make adjustments . . . so I guess that's a good thing!).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I did the best I've ever done in my Tuesday night races last night and I attribute much of it to the prebend tuning.

Boatless and happy.