Well, I learned the hard way... I used to live in Wrightville Beach and made that day trip a couple of times. The first time I launched from a ramp in Fort Fisher which put you on the River side and all those tidal creeks I mentioned. If I had a 4WD at the time I could have pulled out on the beach there. The second time I did the trip was when I went to Oak Island and launch on the beach side (that was the time I was towed). But that was almost 20 years ago and I was young and stupid then. You'll like Bald Head. I've taken my wife there a few times on special occasions. I can't remember the name of the restaurants in the marina area, but I think there are 2. If you have some time, you can also rent a golf cart and buzz around the island. We were down in Wrightsville last weekend and met my parents in Southport for dinner. You'll have to eat at the Provision Company one night in Southport. There is not much to it and it looks like a bait shop, but it is on the water and you eat outside. They do have great steamed shrimp and crab cakes..... and most importantly COLD BEER

Mark Williams
F18 H16
http://emsa-sailing.org