Your post doesn't give any reason why 40 knots on a VX40 is impossible. Improbable maybe, you appear to be trying to confuse people with bad science.

"Going from 26 knots to 40 knots sees a 250 % increase in drag",

When the big multihulls go fast they do so in high winds with reefed sails, the centre of effort in the sail drops enabling you to handle more power.
These VX40 boat were pitchpoling in 15 knots already. The are lifting a hull in as little as 6 to 7 knots

we have all pitchpolled at low speeds it doesn't mean the boat can't handle higher windspeeds. Are you trying to perpetuate the myth that catamarans are unsafe in high winds?

"Any guesses as to what the seastate is at 30 knots

Speed records are set in flat water conditions why should the VX40 be subject to different rules.

Are you saying that square top sails are no good at high windspeeds, thats not correct, look at the windsurfer sails that break the speed records in very high windpeeds.

I am not saying its going top be easy but I don't see that max speeds of 40knots are impossible.

In previous threads you were arguing that windsurfers were slower than cats, whats it goin to be.

go to college and do maritime engineering yourself for about 4 years, then spend about a decade to develop your own models and validate them with experimental data and then see whether you still believe these boats do 40 knots, just like that.

Are you saying that you can only argue with you if you have this level of expertise, you certainly do not. I would imagine that these boats have been through some analysis of the type you describe and it is not inconceivable that this is where the 40 knot number comes from. The designers are quite reputable I guess they would want to stop any wildly inacuurate statements made about their boats as it would damage their own reputation.

Gareth
www.fourhulls.com