You sort of missed the point Daryl, I will clarify my thoughts a little better ( please bare in mind that I'm not against foils on cats ). Your T foils are in effect not really foils ( as in lift creating foils ) at all, simply extensions of the rudder as a flat blade towards the rear of the boat. If you faced that same blade forward under the boat would you achieve the same result, probably not as you wouldn't have the same leverage / damping effect.

You could also ask the same question in a slightly different way, if that same T foil was attached to the rear of the hull say 200mm down on a small foil section where it should almost have the same effect and by the vary nature of the V shape allow the rudder to still Pivot, would it be deemed to have increased your water line length ?

Great it works, probably works very well if your calculations are correct and good on you for doing it, I'm very tempted to do it on my F16, but is it really in the spirit of things ?.

It is a bit of a conundrum for me as I think personally any help that a F14 can get, the better as I do think we will all end up sailing smaller and smaller length boats ( less weight and mass to lugg around off the water )but I do think also that in truth we are just adding to water line length, mmmmmm.