Wouter, 12ft skiffs are a culture, it's obvious you will NEVER understand that. The 12ft skiff is not a professional class and to go out and blow however much money on a wing mast that could snap so easily is a bit much. The whole point of a 12 is the downwind ride. Get it in your head.

This season one of my mates built a skinny 12 and is in the process of trying to make a boat that is more efficient upwind to make the gains on the fleet here and try to hold them off down. It does not work yet because it is too unstable. I think you will find the guys here are a few steps ahead in finding out what works and what does not.

You’re a pretty obnoxious bugger and I think you should stop trying to analyse things you know pretty much nothing about and go back to wouterland.

When you drop your boat off the edge of that high rise building think about going along for the ride. You will then understand what a 12ft skiff ride is like.

Yeah Wouter, great call there champ. You’re a dead set idiot. Go play with yourself because no one else will.

T_E