On my Blade, I have the downhaul tied off to the jib sheet and simply looped around the side-stay. On previous boats, I've done something a bit more sophisticated by putting the DH through a block tied to the shroud. It then goes under the tramp to a cat's cradle of bunji to take up the slack. The tricky bit is arranging it so that it will take up enough slack. I do this by putting the DH through a floating block and then tieing the end back to the near side of the boat (e.g. to the shroud). The floating block is attached to a piece of bunji that goes to the far side of the boat, thruogh a block, to the near side of the boat, through another block and then to a floating block on the mirror-image arrangement on the other side. This means that you have approximately two boat widths of elastic with 1:2 purchase on the DH. This means it can take up a lot of slack.

I think Wouter has a very similar system and has posted a diagram in the past if the above isn't clear.

I haven't got round to sorting something out on the blade yet, not least because there's no gap between the tramp and the hulls, which makes routing the lines that much harder.

The system is great when working, but it's something of a pain to rig / de-rig.

The one that I'd like to get sorted is the mast rotation. I'd like a system that makes it easy to let it on and off completely, without adjusting the "trim" for when it's on. I heard that the Infusion has something like this, but I've not seen it in the flesh so I don't know how it works.

Paul