I sail a 14T, they pitchpoll in about half the time that a 16 does. There just isn't much in front of you on a 14 but that doesn't matter she is a great boat. But m first pitchpoll was alone on a broad reach. I was just screaming along out on the trap when I saw the leeward hull just bury into a big wave. Before I could do anything I was swimming out by the tip of the mast. There were no injuries but I was a little shaken up, after that I realized how to avoid it most of the time. Simply put more weight back!

My next experience sadly involved someone else. There is this amazingly good looking girl in my organic chem class. We had been talking and I had somehow convinced her to go on a couple of dates. After she learned that I sailed she wanted to go. Thinking that this was perfect chance to show her myself in my element I was pushing the boat in fairly high winds. I was letting her hang out on the trap with one hull way up in the air. Then all of a sudden !wham! the lee hull sunk and we both went flying. I hit the mast with my leg and she detatched from the trap and went flying. I am not sure how but her bathing suit top somehow came undone. So there I am, half naked girl, flipped boat and a giant bruise on my leg. I figured I would never see her again. We couldn't find her top so I loaned her a shirt I had in a dry bag and we righted the boat.

To make a long story slightly shorter, she is now my most common passenger. I don't know how I lucked out on that one.

Once you go cat you never go back! Nacra 5.2 (Elsies)#1499, running an inter17 spin!