There is not much market for the 28CC boat. I have been sailing Corsairs in the NorthEast for 8 years, and have only seen 1 28CC. There are not many 28R racing either as far as I know, mostly cruising. The 28R is a good cruiser for 2 people, add kids and it will be cramped. I know of one that has sailed the Marblehead to Halifax race a couple times.

There is a huge difference between the 28R and thd 31R, and even between the 31R and the 31R-1D now. We had an F27 before the F31R,and my wife hated the interior space and insisted we move up to the 31R with Aft cabin. Carefull when looking at them as there are several different designs, some with larger main cabin (which reduce in my view makes it harder to get to the tramps from the ****, 2' vs 4' clearance. And then there are the aft-**** boats which require going around the mainsheet/traveler for each tack (not an issue on the Aft cabin boats). There are a lot of 31's on the market at the moment, and generally around $85-120K. So look carefully, look at the sails, insist on a test sail! I have sailed some that have terrible helm (doublehanding the tiller is not good, it should be very light and generally controlled by fingertips). The older 31's have the rudder under the boat, while the newer ones have transom mounted rudders. The 1D's have high-aspect rudders and daggerboards that are very nice and better for upwind, but not much different downwind (mast head spin, larger main, larger jib, more sails=more $). Some with have Carbon Masts, and other have aluminum. I haven't seen a lot of difference between the two, the aluminum mast is still very fast and very forgiving, albeit a bit heavier but not much.

Any other questions feel free to ask.