Hi,

You have several options. Give me a call and I can give you more details than I can type here. John McKnight 305 251-7600.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Join the Miami Yacht Club. Many of the CABB members are members of the MYC. They charge about $90/month for dry storage, I think. The club has all the amenities of a Yacht Club. The biggest disadvantage is that you have to sail some distance and under 3 bridges to get to Biscayne Bay where you probably want to sail. MYC: 1001 MacArthur Causeway. Office 305 377-9877.

2. The U.S. Olympic Training Center, 2476 south Bayshore Drive, Miami. 305 854-1058. They have mast up storage for about $75/month. Advantages here are you are launching right in to Biscayne Bay. Disadvantages here are that launching is a bit tricky but doable. Also you have to move your boat out of the facility during the Miami Olympic Classes Regatta each January for a couple of weeks. At least 3 CABB members keep their boats here.

3. Coconut Grove Sailing Club, 2990 S. Bayshore Drive, 305 444-4571. I don't know what they charge. One CABB sailor keeps his boat there.

4. The Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Many members of Fleet 44 keep their boats right on the beach there. Cost for nonresident is about $900 per year, it is less for residents. Very convenient being right on the beach.

5. I think it was the Diplomat Hotel in Hollywood would rent you a space on the beach.

6. Sell the condo and buy a house with a side yard.

7. Crandon Marina

8. Matheson Hammock Marina

Good luck finding a spot!

Come out and sail with the CABB fleet. I can put you on our email notification list.

John