Thanks for your responses.

It is a bulkhead with the ground behind the seawall more or less even with the sea wall. there is a drop ranging from 6-8 feet on the seward side of the wall. the wall is the newer fiberboard material and there are no pilings. ( the new seawall was built directly in fornt of the old) i do not think it is suitable for attaching anything of significance to it. the top of the seawall is about 12 inches wide. i thought about somehow attaching a 2x12 to the seawall and then attaching a davit to the 2x12 but that might damage the sea wall and i do not want to do that.

I have some 2x12x20s as a ramp and i did buy a winch as someone has suggested but 20 foot run over an 8 foot drop seems too steep. i like this idea though as was pointed out it is temporary and the DEC would not object.

for electricity i could run extension cords down there and could get power at some point if necessary.

also i have the seitech beach dolly. would it be easier to put the dolly on the ramps using the winch? or easier to put the hulls directly on the ramp?