Hi all,

First of all, thank you Wouter for your lengthy post and well thought comments.

My weight is 87K. Also I must point out that we don't have often strong winds over here (usually force 1-2) so it is a rare thing to capsize. I happen to sail all over the place so I will not have a rescue service watching. That is, in case I capsize, it will be just me, my mobile phone and motorboats around that either don't care or don't know how to help.
With H17 I had no problems about this since I had a much better torque by pulling the rope higher up from the upper wing. I'm worried about the idea you imply about dead sitting on the water and not being able to put it back right.

Ref. to prices (16%VAT included):
SL16 cost is 11.100€ + 1,800€ (kit spi)
(I dont'need a spi by the time being though)
Concerning TopCats I have some data for you, K2streamcut 10680€ (jib but no spi), K3 10030€ (jib)
FX ONE 13500€ (no spi).
Javelin16 is certainly 10K€ (mainsail+ gennaker).
Nacra 500 11250€ (no spi)

Ref. to the bim, I just know about the javelin16, not about an F16 by bimare, in the BCN fair there were just the class A (AJ and XJ) and the javelin. On the web there's only javelin16. Is this a new project you have information about?

Apart from my post initial criteria, I wouldn't mind to keep budget in the 10k€ range and not to climb to 13k€...

Thanks
Alfred

Barcelona H17