The one time my wife and I found a H16 to rent on vacation it was rigged (short sheeted) in such a way that it was impossible to sheet in all the way or let the traveller out more than about 18 inches. After getting away from the beach far enough I spent twenty minutes un-tieing all there knots and rigging it so we could fly the hull, only to have them chase us down a holler (albiet in espanol) at us from a jet-ski, mucho pi$$ed off!!! Without any trapeze harnesses it was way less exciting than sailing our own boat at home and we were limited to the lagoon and forbid from sailing in the ocean. I've heard numerous accounts from acquantances attemping to get out in the "fun" waters and encountering run-ins with propreiters that were less than pleasurable. From a liabilty standpoint I can understand their position. We all can talk a "blue streak" about our sailing prowess. If I were renting the boats I'd have to take the same view.

If searching for a vacation cat rental again I believe it would be more enjoyable to sail a "new to us" boat such as the Wave. Would be less of a disappointment.

John H16, H14