Have noticed that single handed sailors have very narrow minds on who was at fault. The first thing they check when they touch a mark is if anyone saw them.

IMHO at every skippers meeting any PRO worth his salt stands up and makes it clear that the race is being raced by US sailing rules or state clearly who the ruling body is. After that for those that know the rules will abide by them. For those that don't know the rules, no whining.

Let's face it racing is intense and we love it that way. That doesn't mean bending the rules.

By the way I have a pretty big rant!!
Who came up with the B.S. idea that you could sail an entire race like you didn't foul anybody then do a 360 or 720 before you finish. The rules state a penalty turn must be done as soon possible without disturbing others. I hate it when there is a protest at the first mark involving a pack of 10 boats, the boat that fouled does a penalty turn at the end of the race and only losses one place instead of lossing 10 places. Who started this nonsense I blame America's Cup Racing.

Anybody else know who started it?

J.P.Ayers
Isotope 186