As per my earlier post, I picked up the 80 5.2 and gave $500 for boat & trailer. I need to replace main halyard as it had been replaced with a homemade variety that is questionable. I noticed that http://www.murrays.com seems to have everything that I will ever need.

The previous owner had the cat for 5 years and I don't think he had it out more than a few times. He had attached jib sheets to the tack of the jib. I found ratchet sheet blocks ( with cams) and barber haulers in the trailer box. From the shape of the cordage (bad/dirty/complete with mud dobbers nests), they don't look like they have been used in a VERY long time. All good Harken Hardware. Is this hardware used on this boat? If so, could someone explain to me how the sheet blocks and barber haulers are rigged up? I am unfamiliar with this type of set up and do not even see where they mount. There are outboard Cam cleats on each side (on top) of the forward beam where I would imagine the barber hauler would cleat. There are also a couple of eye straps on each side of the crossbeams. There is one set on each aft side of the forward beam and one set on each forward side of the aft beam. They are in line with each other/parallel to the hull. If anyone has pictures of the correct rigging, I would be forever indebted.

Does any one have tuning info as to the diamond wire/shroud/forestay tension settings? Spreader rake? Mast rake? Any other tuning information that you may have would be very appreciated.

Stepping the mast.... I am sure everyone is tired of this, but a couple of questions......It does have the captive mast. The pin is not there but it is my understanding that it is 1/4". How long should it be, West Marine is in town. With the shroud lines attached, forestay off, mast on the ball and pin in, something to hold the mast off of the tramp as not to get the diamond wires in a bind, will one person be able to step the mast from standing on the tramp? I am 6'1" and 205, so I don't think the weight will be a problem, but leverage?

As I am a confessed cat newbie, I am excited about getting it out on the water and making the transition from the dark side (monohulls).

Terry