James is right, non-foiling hulls seem prehistoric and a bit like using a sled instead of wheels. But I guess cats will sprout them soon enough and then we'll be away! But A Class outlawed banana foils a while back so which class will be first to allow it? Time will tell.

Our Fleet is evolving and we have a lot of recreation sailors so we need to ensure they are looked after as well. In that sense, we'll keep the F16 fleet growing and developing. We've already put in 8 years with it plus the 20 years in growing cat sailing. We're organising an "All Classes" Championship in the Monsoon of which F16 will definitely be the premium fleet. So F16 sailing will still continue in Singapore.

If we don't safeguard all cat sailors interests then we'll not have the opportunity to have feed the high performance fleet with better sailors. Its a long process but has to be done. For the past 8 years we've concentrated on building the F16 fleet but some of the owners themselves are asking "what's next"?

But the conditions here pretty much guarantee that the F16 will still be the best choice!

Fastest thing on water here will be... the extreme 40's when they show up! My fastest "thing on water" will be a ride in a Formula 3000 this December and am really looking forward to doing upwards of 160kmh on the water in Malaysia!

But what I was really referring to was... Re-visiting the coastal challenge that we've done here many years back i.e. it's only 40nm from our sailing club to a resort in Malaysia (its a 40nm beat into 1.5m waves). The challenge is in getting the paperwork in order as it involves international borders! If we can manage it, it will be line honours that count plus we'll all cherish the run home again!!!

I didn't realise a 50 year old did so well in the Moths! Our oldest sailor is Dr. Michael Chia who at the spritely age of 78 clearly puts the rest of us to shame! Oh Michael sails a Viper! He's asking me what's next! He came from a Dart, then Nacra Inter 17, then a Taipan (2 of them) before switching to the Viper... he's a remarkable guy and has vowed to sail with us till his 80th!

Is Michael the oldest F16 sailor? If he is, we'd like to give him special recognition this Monsoon!

Back to you guys...