Announcements
New Discussions
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: royaluser] #188258
08/17/09 03:39 PM
08/17/09 03:39 PM
tampa, fl
K
ksurfer2 Offline
old hand
ksurfer2  Offline
old hand
K

tampa, fl
Originally Posted by royaluser
The regatta results clearly document that Jake was the best that weekend at going slow (light conditions). Does Jake deserve a new nickname for this distinguished accomplishment?

He must have remembered to put the plugs in the boat.

If your havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but my beautiful wife ain't one
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: drbinkle] #188260
08/17/09 03:44 PM
08/17/09 03:44 PM
Raleigh/ Wrightsville Beach NC
MarkW_F18 Offline
enthusiast
MarkW_F18  Offline
enthusiast

Raleigh/ Wrightsville Beach NC
Originally Posted by dbncsu
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Who's doing Hatteras? I had committed to another regatta but If enough N-20s or A's are going I may do it.

You better not get Moseleyed for your hometown regatta.

You may want to start a new thread for Hatteras... I'll be there, but with the H16 this time. I think some of the Raleigh N20s will be at Hatteras.

Mark Williams
F18 H16
http://emsa-sailing.org
Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: ksurfer2] #188262
08/17/09 03:57 PM
08/17/09 03:57 PM
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Originally Posted by ksurfer2
The regatta results clearly document that Jake was the best that weekend at going slow (light conditions). Does Jake deserve a new nickname for this distinguished accomplishment?

NICE!!!

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: ksurfer2] #188263
08/17/09 03:58 PM
08/17/09 03:58 PM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Originally Posted by ksurfer2

I did! Not only have they been installed with a pair of PLIERS making them impossible to remove by hand (I never remove them anymore), but I still check them two and three times before going out.

I'm not sure what we found this weekend but I think the General has finally warmed up to me. Tom and I have also been sneaking in a little practice time over the last several weeks preparing for the AC in Oct too...and that certainly hasn't hurt.

It really was terrific to have a beach regatta again - the Mayor of Myrtle Beach was a Hobie sailor back in the day so as he explained at the awards ceremony, we're good to have that regatta there for at least the next three years! (four year term). Though it wasn't double trapped but for one upwind leg, there was some breeze to be had later in the day on Saturday and we did some hull flying with the kite up on the way back for the last half of the cat-man challenge on Sunday.

Jake Kohl
Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: Jake] #188276
08/17/09 07:24 PM
08/17/09 07:24 PM
North Carolina
A
abbman Offline
abbman  Offline
A

North Carolina
I definately had an awesome time at this regatta. It was so much fun to have a "spectator" regatta. I had actually gone down to the beach that Wed. to stay with some old high school buddies and they joined us on the water in a powerboat for both races. Hopefully, they stayed enough out of the way that none of you really noticed them. But, the first thing they all said to me when I got back to the house was, "Dude, who the hell was on that orange boat." You really did sail well Jake (and I'm so sorry but I can't recall who crewed). All my buddies, who know nothing about racing, said that they really enjoyed watching it. After a couple of races they started to figure it out as far as who was leading and what not. I really hope that this race will continue to happen in the future. Thanks to Surfside, Sail and Ski, the Surfside P.D, and the others who helped make this an awesome regatta, despite the wind. It was nice meeting many of you and seeing some familiar faces. I hope to see ya'll at Hatteras, especially you Tawd. You gotta rep the hometown race dude.

James
1983 Hobie 16'
Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: abbman] #188300
08/17/09 10:51 PM
08/17/09 10:51 PM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Originally Posted by abbman
I definately had an awesome time at this regatta. It was so much fun to have a "spectator" regatta. I had actually gone down to the beach that Wed. to stay with some old high school buddies and they joined us on the water in a powerboat for both races. Hopefully, they stayed enough out of the way that none of you really noticed them. But, the first thing they all said to me when I got back to the house was, "Dude, who the hell was on that orange boat." You really did sail well Jake (and I'm so sorry but I can't recall who crewed). All my buddies, who know nothing about racing, said that they really enjoyed watching it. After a couple of races they started to figure it out as far as who was leading and what not. I really hope that this race will continue to happen in the future. Thanks to Surfside, Sail and Ski, the Surfside P.D, and the others who helped make this an awesome regatta, despite the wind. It was nice meeting many of you and seeing some familiar faces. I hope to see ya'll at Hatteras, especially you Tawd. You gotta rep the hometown race dude.

James, it was good to see you again! I never noticed any power boats out on the course - your buddies must have kept a really safe distance! If they ever want to do that again, we can hook them up with some video cameras and some basic instruction on how to stay clear of where we need to sail. Could be fun!

Everyone remember that the Catfest regatta is taking place on Lake Norman on Sept. 12-13 at the Lake Norman Yacht club...nice cat friendly easy launching facility. We're bringing a 3rd of our Seawind R/C racing fleet this year too!

Jake Kohl
Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: Jake] #188309
08/18/09 07:29 AM
08/18/09 07:29 AM
Portland, Maine
T
ThunderMuffin Offline
Carpal Tunnel
ThunderMuffin  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
T

Portland, Maine
Jake also managed to shut down the whole damn starting line at the committee boat in the most gentlemanly way ever.

He had 6 boats on top of him just itchin to get in, and he just yelped "no room!"

and all of us had to peel... it was hilarious :P

Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, SC [Re: WindyHillF20] #188484
08/20/09 07:24 AM
08/20/09 07:24 AM
Annapolis Md.
LuckyDuck Offline
enthusiast
LuckyDuck  Offline
enthusiast

Annapolis Md.
Many thanks to the Mayor, committee and all the others that put this on. It was well done and great to be on the beach. It was good to see some folks I don't see too often and to meet some new people. Extra thanks to (lunch) Trey for letting me mess up his mark roundings and otherwise take up deck space on his boat. Really enjoyed the sea cruise up to North Myrtle after racing on Saturday, thanks for waiting for us Jen. Hope to see everybody next year. Ed

Still hazey after all these beers.
F-16 Falcon #212
Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: LuckyDuck] #188493
08/20/09 08:09 AM
08/20/09 08:09 AM
Portland, Maine
T
ThunderMuffin Offline
Carpal Tunnel
ThunderMuffin  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
T

Portland, Maine
Trey - "Not the tack! The Halyard!!!"
:P

Re: "Ya Gotta Regatta" is on 8/15 and 16! Surfside Beach, S [Re: ThunderMuffin] #188607
08/20/09 09:12 PM
08/20/09 09:12 PM
Annapolis Md.
LuckyDuck Offline
enthusiast
LuckyDuck  Offline
enthusiast

Annapolis Md.
Yeah. It will take a while to live that one down. LOL

Still hazey after all these beers.
F-16 Falcon #212
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 234 guests, and 105 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022