V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Originally Posted by Ventucky Red
Have all my policies with the same carrier..

another interesting "quirk" here in my state...it is rare that a carrier would want the home AND auto/boat. Most auto/boat carriers want nothing to do with homeowner policy. The home carriers are undercapitalized and therefore can't take boat/auto in many cases... so you pretty much get screwed out of the "multipolicy discount" some offer.

There was a "race to the bottom" in auto coverage a short time ago, and plenty of SR-22 coverages out there which is why you should really make sure you've got good UM/UIM coverage. FL only requires $10,000/$20,000 liability, which would just about cover a damaged bumper on many cars here.

In the Peoples (soon to be bankrupt) Republic Kalifornia if you want to sell auto policies you need to do the other policies as well.. May be a good thing, maybe not!

I hear ya on the UN and under insured motorist, got the max on that and have an umbrella policy as well..

Found it odd that when your boat is hooked to the car the auto policy covers it, when sitting in the storage yard, the homeowners policy covers it, when it is on the water, the boat policy covers it... Needless to say, I have the max on all three..

Been sued before and I won, but it was not fun and it is a comfort to know I was covered should I have lost...

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 05/17/12 10:15 AM.
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Insurance premiums [Re: waterbug_wpb] #248521
05/17/12 10:27 AM
05/17/12 10:27 AM
Hernando, Florida
M
Mlcreek Offline
Mlcreek  Offline
M

Hernando, Florida
Jay, this is true as to the 10/20 but for third party property damage only. There is no B/i requirement. So in other words the state is more concerned about the car then your life.

I hear ya on the UN and under insured motorist, got the max on that and have an umbrella policy as well..

Found it odd that when your boat is hooked to the car the auto policy covers it, when sitting in the storage yard, the homeowners policy covers it, when it is on the water, the boat policy covers it... Needless to say, I have the max on all three..

Been sued before and I won, but it was not fun and it is a comfort to know I was covered should I have lost...

Red, you better check those policies. Most umbrellas are third party liability. As to the boat, there again liability and not first party for the boat while attached to the car. The HO for the boat is named peril and for stated contents limits which is usually $1,000.00.

Forrest
I-20 USA 645

Last edited by Mlcreek; 05/17/12 10:30 AM.

Forrest
I-20
USA 645

" There ain't enough rum in the drum!"
Re: Insurance premiums [Re: Mlcreek] #248524
05/17/12 12:00 PM
05/17/12 12:00 PM
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Originally Posted by Mlcreek

Red, you better check those policies. Most umbrellas are third party liability. As to the boat, there again liability and not first party for the boat while attached to the car. The HO for the boat is named peril and for stated contents limits which is usually $1,000.00.

Forrest
I-20 USA 645

Forrest...thanks. This is a little different from what I understood.. We have a full replacement cost policy with no depreciation clause for the boat and homeowners.. IE Sail gets stolen, they replace it new or send me a check for the replacement.

Few years back I let some nimrod helm my NACRA and they ran up on a sand bar tearing up a dagger board and splitting the hull. I got everything fixed and replaced after my $250 deductible was paid this came off my boat policy..

I'll pass this to my wife. She does the insurance as she works for the company were insured with..

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 05/17/12 12:10 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 565 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022