01/28/04 08:39 PM
01/28/04 08:39 PM
South Florida & the Keys
arbo06 Offline
Pooh-Bah
arbo06  Offline
Pooh-Bah

South Florida & the Keys
Send in your ten bucks plus ten more to bolster the account...I'll send my check today.

Eric Arbogast
H-20 #911
MYC
CABB
NAMSA

Eric Arbogast
ARC 2101
Miami Yacht Club
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Just curious [Re: David Ingram] #28403
01/28/04 09:41 PM
01/28/04 09:41 PM
California
mmiller Offline
veteran
mmiller  Offline
veteran

California
David,

First, contrary to popular opinion, this not a Hobie Company decision regarding X class. This is an IHCA and HCA bylaws issue. Of course, Hobie Cat USA is supporting it fully and for good reason. Personally, I wasn't even involved with the decision the class made, but being a long time Hobie Class enthusiast and racer I fully understand it and support it. It's not a company issue to me it is a class issue.

What is Hobie Cat going to give to those Hobie fleets?

The Hobie Cat Company already provides considerable support to the Hobie Class of North America in funds, administration and labor. I personally do the Class News covers and handle the newsletter production issues. Our parts department (which I manage) has been providing regatta give-aways to Hobie events for nearly 30 years that I can remember. It is not new. All a fleet has to do is ask. We provide a number of higher dollar items and include handfuls of other little Hobie trinkets so more people get something. (We will work on the type of items we include so more people can feel they get something of value from our efforts.) Our company employees who race attend regional events, National and Worlds events. When we have been asked, we provide personnel for the class GEP (Guest Expert) program. We are involved with US Sailing and other organizations that promote sailing and multihull sailing.

We are at the bigger Boat shows in the country promoting Hobie sailing and racing. We constantly promote local fleets as a way to get people into the sport.

David, I can't think of everything we do, but we do allot.

What will we do in addition to this? We are always open to suggestion.

Hobie Cat Forums
Matt Miller
Hobie Cat Company
Re: Just curious [Re: David Ingram] #28404
01/28/04 09:50 PM
01/28/04 09:50 PM
Detroit, MI
mbounds Offline
Pooh-Bah
mbounds  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Detroit, MI
David,

I'm not completely in the loop as far as the current level of support - Ken Marshack mentioned $35K earlier in this thread. I don't know where that # came from. It seems kinda high.

As the former treasurer of the NAHCA (from '91-'97), I can speak authoritatively about our support from the company during that period. We got $6,000 a year in direct financial support, no strings attached. It represented anywhere from 10%-15% of our income, which basically covered our administrative expenses. Most money was spent on the production and delivery of the NAHCA News. We spent anywhere from $5K to $2.5K a year on course stickers, flag stickers, fleet brochures, racing forms, and other regatta management supplies. All of that was available free to the fleets for the asking.

Did fleets get any $ directly? - yes they did. In 1992, the NAHCA paid out $4,948 in "fleet dividends" (a rebate of $3 for every NAHCA member from that fleet) Fleet 11 got $18. (You only had 6 NAHCA members in your fleet at the time). The practice was discontinued in 1993 because it was a logistical nightmare - there were over 600 checks printed that first year. Postage alone was killing us.

Anyway, back to the present day. From my limited understanding, the Hobie Cat Co. continues to give the NAHCA direct funding that helps subsidize the costs of running the association. Oh, BTW, the only paid NAHCA position is the NAHCA News editor, and from personal experience, it isn't nearly enough (they're paid by the issue). Hobie pays the costs of the NAHCA News' color covers in return for ad space. They also provide direct $ support to Hobie Area Championships. Their only stipulation is that the event be Hobie only. Quite a reasonable request, IMHO.

I've seen a lot of Hobie merchandise raffled off and given away at regattas - and not key chains & other crap. I'm talking kayaks, trap harnesses, PFD's, wetsuits, spray pants, sunglasses - you name it. Does Performance Catamarans do the same? (I really don't know.)

When I ran the NAHCA, we would not entertain requests for direct $ support to fleets. Why? No accountability. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, but there are people out there that would take the association's (or Hobie Cat's) money and just disappear. It's just not good business sense to throw money around like that.

For the last three years, I've been blissfully disconnected from the politics of the NAHCA. About a year ago, an unknown local guy (Jeff Rabidoux), decided it was time to start the local fleet up again. You know what? We didn't need any money from Hobie to do it. We just did it. And we're having a blast doing it. We've got the weirdest collection of boats, from my newer 16 & 17, to Mark Colby's 30 year old "Hobiesaurus" 16, to John Bauldry's "Trailer Baby" Tiger. It's just like the old days.

In less than six months, we'll be running our first Division Points Regatta in over 15 years. Yeah, the budget's tight, but we won't need Hobie's money to break even. All it takes is someone with the vision and the energy to make it happen. Jeff's given us the spark to do that.

I hope this has answered at least part of your question, in a very long-winded way :-)

Matt Bounds

Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: Mary] #28405
01/28/04 10:08 PM
01/28/04 10:08 PM
H
HobieZealot Offline
HobieZealot  Offline
H

Mary you missed this press release.

WOMEN ON THE WATER CLINICS 2004

W.O.W.

Attention all women Hobie sailors!!!!

This year, as the Hobie Class Association Women's Representative, I am launching a new program called Women on the Water Clinics or W.O.W.

This is what the clinics are about. I am asking all Divisions to consider designating one regatta this season to a W.O.W. clinic. This means offering one of your best sailors, preferably a woman, to instruct a clinic before the regatta specifically for women racers. It's our hope that a brief clinic might help those women who are unsure about participating in a regatta and need a "push". Or maybe some women just need some instruction in racing rules, tactics, or how to sail. This could be an opportunity for women to develop the confidence in their sailing, therefore, lead to more participation in regattas (perhaps skipper a few!).

Every participant will receive a FREE t-shirt (they are awesome!) and a Hobie U book, all compliments of the Hobie Class Association.

It's my hope that by offering these clinics, we will promote women in sailing and racing and give women an opportunity to develop skills to become effective and confident skippers and crew. So take a look at the schedule and pick a clinic close to you! You will also find contact information to get more details about each clinic. I will be updating this schedule as more clinics are organized. Keep checking for updates!

See you on the start line!

Heather Morrison
HCA Women's Representative

Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: HobieZealot] #28406
01/29/04 12:45 AM
01/29/04 12:45 AM
Key Largo, FL & Put-in-Bay, OH...
Mary Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Mary  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

Key Largo, FL & Put-in-Bay, OH...
Heather,
Sounds great.
Please e-mail the press release to me, along with your contact information. I will be glad to print it, but it is useless without the contact info.

Thanks.
Mary

Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: Mary] #28407
01/29/04 09:37 AM
01/29/04 09:37 AM
Florida, Pnellas, USA
dartfast Offline
dartfast  Offline

Florida, Pnellas, USA
Following this thread. My personal opinion is:
For those Hobie Divisions and Fleets in question.
Do you feel the 400 lb Gorilla (Hobie Cat Company & HCA representatives) lurking in the corners?
Some care, introspection and homework is advised.

NAMSA is a good candidate but read the fine print. The only problem I saw was, if your group wants some autonomy this may not be the umbrella your organization wants to be under.

You can play outside the boxes (HCA, NAMSA, US Sailing, etc.) it is just a little more difficult. I found you can get the same insurance etc. for the same or cheaper through private companies. Insurance Riders for big events where government property etc. is used is easily obtained. Equipment you may already control. As far as manpower goes when did you ever have enough volunteers, support boats etc. and how much help did you get from the big organizations?

IHCA, NAHCA, HCA, The Hobie Cat Company or whatever the name wants to be has every right to exclude whom ever they want from their events. As I see it, the ‘Suits’ think if you change the name everything will change their way. Well change can be good for all. As the fly on the wall it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Terry

Terry
Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: dartfast] #28408
01/29/04 11:35 AM
01/29/04 11:35 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
I don't remember putting any fine print in our by-laws. Can you elaborate why you think NAMSA does not allow autonomy?

Jake Kohl
Autonomy? [Re: dartfast] #28409
01/29/04 12:13 PM
01/29/04 12:13 PM
Key Largo, FL and Put-in-Bay, ...
RickWhite Offline

Carpal Tunnel
RickWhite  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Funny!
HCA just made a huge decision and enacted it. Did I get to vote? No! And I have been a paid member since 1980. Did my Division Rep., not sure who that may be, vote? I doubt it. And if he did, did he ask anyone around. I know they did not ask John McKnight, my Commodore of Fleet 36.

Whereas, in NAMSA, it is set up that each member votes.
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com
Quick Link to NAMSA Home Page [Re: Mary] #28410
01/29/04 12:37 PM
01/29/04 12:37 PM
RickWhite Offline

Carpal Tunnel
RickWhite  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

On the Welcome Page of this site is the Headline Story of Hobie's enactment. At the end of the teaser story is a link to the site.

or Click on the following:
http://www.multihullsailing.org
Thanks,
Rick

Rick White
NAMSA - voting? [Re: RickWhite] #28411
01/29/04 12:46 PM
01/29/04 12:46 PM
US Western Continental Shelf
hobiegary Offline
old hand
hobiegary  Offline
old hand

US Western Continental Shelf
Rick,

First of all, in case I haven't said it before, .. Thank you for this nice catamaran site and for the opportunity to discuss catamaran issues in a forum of catsailors. Thank you for that and for the thousands of other things that you have done for the sport. Your book "Catamaran sailing for the 90's" was the most helpful of all the books I've read on the subject of catsailing. I have recommended the book to many. I extend the thanks to Mary, as well.

Whereas, in NAMSA, it is set up that each member votes.
Rick

What do we vote on? Why have I never been asked? Why have I never been asked ANYTHING from NAMSA? Why did I pay dues? What did NAMSA do to support me or the sport? Why did I get a little card with my name on it? Why did NAMSA never say a word to me (except for apologizing for the card being late)? Why did they never even bother to remind or ask if I wanted to renew?

From my point of view, NAMSA is nothing more than a wishing well. A place where I threw money, wished for better things to come. If things did get better, I had no evidence that NAMSA had anything to do with it.

If someone reading this has been helped by my contribution, good for you! It had nothing to do with any decisions that I voted on.

GARY

Santa Monica Bay
Mystere 6.0 "Whisk" <--- R.I.P.
Re: NAMSA - voting? [Re: hobiegary] #28412
01/29/04 03:01 PM
01/29/04 03:01 PM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Gary,

I really wish I could deny your criticisms of NAMSA last year. We too were gleefully looking down a wishing well and dreaming of all the things we could do. We dug our well but found the rope too short for the bucket to reach the bottom. Analogy aside, we did have a very enthusiastic response to NAMSA but we did not receive as many memberships as we had anticipated. We had overestimated ourselves and for that I owe you and the other past and existing NAMSA members an apology. We did accomplish some things, most of which are the organizational items that are transparent like tax status, and membership database / structure. We went off deeply exploring some tangents, like aiding a professional race series in the U.S., that in hindsight was putting the cart before the horse and never panned out. We’ve also been weeding through the various insurance options - but we simply did not reach closure on the many goals we had set for last year.

This does not change the fact that we need an organization like NAMSA – even if NAHCA decides to reverse their x-boat policy. This doesn’t change the fact that we can greatly improve catsailor’s organizational appearance to the likes of US Sailing and the world – to change the stigma such that catsailing and catsailors are responsible, fun, skillful, serious, and organized sailors who not only demand but deserve respect. It doesn’t change the fact that we need to get together to help each other look out for our own interests. If we can only start these things, our sport can only get better and grow larger.

So what’s different this time? Where was the misfire last year? For me especially, I’m learning a lot at this and I learned a lot last year. One of the things we learned is that we depended on a very enthusiastic and extremely talented, but too small, core group of people. Thanks to the suggestions from you folks, I believe that the one thing that will make the biggest difference for us this year is to set up regional officers. This will place representation closer to everybody and get more people involved. I expect that we will begin nominating these people very soon. The board should make sure everyone is communicating and that we are all moving in the same direction. I would also like to see us have a simple points series this year – it would not take much to set it up and we already have a great Nationals location within the already existing Tradewinds Regatta in Key Largo, FL. Do you have an idea how you would like to see this first point series run? Let us know, and if you have the talent and you would like to, you might just find yourself in charge of it. We as sailors can do anything we want within this organization but as an organization we have to empower those who have good ideas and want to work at making things better. This year will be different because we will have more people involved. This can work, this can be done, and it is certainly needed.

Jake Kohl
Re: IHCA voting [Re: RickWhite] #28413
01/29/04 03:20 PM
01/29/04 03:20 PM
samevans Offline
enthusiast
samevans  Offline
enthusiast

Hey Rick,
The vote was 1-0
PU(Puff Uli) was the only vote allowed.

Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: Mary] #28414
01/29/04 05:28 PM
01/29/04 05:28 PM
Western New York
wyatt Offline
enthusiast
wyatt  Offline
enthusiast

Western New York
Okay, so NAHCA did it again. No, I'm not surprised at their actions, but I have to tell you, X-Boats have never been a problem at any of the regattas I've been at in the Northeast; they're always less than 10% of the boats.

I'm in Fleet 119 in Division 16, and we've always supported the Hobie Class because we knew that one-design racing was the right way to enjoy sailing. But, we also know that being arrogant and up-tight about every little thing just created more fences and decreased communication between people who actually enjoy the same thing; sailing.

Here's our Fleet's mission statement written quite a few years ago: "Our Mission: Our club is dedicated to the pursuit of sailing for its own sake; to provide a safe, family environment for all to enjoy multihull beach craft; and to develop safe sailing skills in all of our members. Our club strives for continuous improvement in the sport and we recognize our obligations to our community. Though we participate in racing, we do so as a fun activity; we do it for the love of the outdoors, our members, and being in harmony with the sea".

We have 40 boats on the beach in our Fleet: three Nacras, three Hobie 14s; 10 Hobie 18s; one Hobie 21. Are we to tell all of these people that we can no longer provide a race for them? The Tigers enjoy having the Nacras around because they enjoy having fun with them. What's the big deal? They're fun and expanding our friendship ties. How can we possibly go back to our friends and tell them we don't want them at our races anymore because somewhere along the line, they decided to take a different path. They already know they're different, but they are involved of all of our Fleet functions. Can Hobie send a rep out to take their place on a committee or crash boat? Can they help us clean the beach? Can they sit on the beach at night with us, swap stories and advice, and have a few beers? Can we count on Hobie to be there if we have a storm problem?

Sincerely,

Wyatt

Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: wyatt] #28415
01/29/04 06:07 PM
01/29/04 06:07 PM
Yardley PA
DanWard Offline
enthusiast
DanWard  Offline
enthusiast

Yardley PA
Wyatt...I think a lot of fleets around the country are asking the same question. As I understand it (and if I'm wrong somebody step in and correct me). Your organization can still conduct events with non hobies however if you hold an HCA IHCA sanchioned regatta, use the Hobie name, materials, trademark etc. then the new policy applies.

For example Fleet 250 exists within the Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club. Fleet 250 will hold a points regatta this summer and the new policy will apply. SHBCC will run the Statue race and an F18 regatta open to all brands. For the most part all these events will be organized by the same people.

Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: wyatt] #28416
01/29/04 06:23 PM
01/29/04 06:23 PM
Colorado
SteveT Offline
enthusiast
SteveT  Offline
enthusiast

Colorado
The more I read this thread and the more I talk with fellow sailors, the more I’m starting to realize that this entire ballyhoo comes down to one person: PU, which are appropriate initials for the way he is acting in his position with the IHCA. From what I’ve been told, the board’s voting population is so far up PU’s bum that it’s hard to tell where he leaves off and they begin. He’s now made IHCA and HCA his personal fiefdom to rule as he sees fit. After reading IHCA’s press release describing the new rules, how they've been broken, and the consequenses of future crimes, it has “grumpy old man” written all over it. Now he’s telling the organizers of next year’s H-20/Tiger/17 nationals that they can’t also include the TheMightyHobie18 because, among other reasons, there isn’t enough room in Monterey Bay for all four classes. Are you kidding me? There was enough room for the Olympic’s sailing venue in a lake near Atlanta; there most certainly is enough room in Monterey Bay for a Hobie regatta. He’s also, apparently, putting off other applicants with a string of questionable excuses, while insisting that he be named PRO and demanding everything short of a eunuch to wipe his bottom in exchange for the service.

What’s sad, and should be frightening for Hobie Cat Co. is that PU is now a very influential voice for a very large population of Hobie customers. Obviously he has devoted a great deal of personal time and energy to Hobie Cat sailing and sailors, but has he lost site of the overall goal of this sport: Fun and friendships, not personal vendettas. If I were at Hobie Co’s helm, I’d be reeling this guy in and making very sure that he doesn’t single handedly poke a big hole in the proverbial hull.

H-20 #896
This is a post that Stephen ?? asked me to post [Re: SteveT] #28417
01/29/04 06:58 PM
01/29/04 06:58 PM
RickWhite Offline

Carpal Tunnel
RickWhite  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

I got an email from a person named Stephen that asked me to post his message as he didn't seem to know how to do so. It is as follows:
With regard to the new directives from IHCA and NAHCA, I would like to share
some of my personal thoughts.

It serves no purpose to approach this from an emotional point of view, even
though for many of us it is an emotional issue.

Hobie Cat as a company, I am sure is somewhat tickled by these new
directives, but it may have effects they had not anticipated. The old "Law of
Unintended Consequences" comes to mind.

As a company, Hobie's greatest success has become their greatest burden. The
late 70's and early 80's saw an incredible growth of Catamaran sailing not
only here in the USA, but worldwide. The result is that there is an incredible
inventory of used boats out there, and its Cheap! Many people wanting to try
the sport can buy a used boat, and for a few dollars more, fix it up and have a
very serviceable boat. Because of the need for cheap fix up items, there are
many "after-market sources" for the necessary items. Since many of these "new
sailors" are not going to race, or not aware of the requirement for Factory
replacement items, and the rules of "one Design racing," they purchase their
needed items from sources other than Hobie Cat. Unless Hobie as a company is
selling parts to the owners of existing boats, it does them no good at all.

Hobie Cat as a company could, in large part, care less about all the people
sailing boats that have already been purchased. Just like automobile
manufacturers, they are only concerned with the boat you are going to buy Tomorrow.
After all, they are in the business of selling NEW boats.

In today's business environment where companies take a rather short sighted
view of things, they are more concerned with the profit and loss figures for
THIS Quarter or THIS year. That having been said, Hobie needs to sell new boats
NOW! They cannot seem to take the long term view that eventually, all that
used inventory out there will be depleted and eventually, people that want to
"class race" in a "strong one design class" will eventually have to buy a new
boat instead of a used one.

Look at the Laser as an example, how many similar boats are available, but
because of a strong class, if you want to race that "type" of boat, the only way
to go is Laser.
NAHCA has taken a step to strengthen themselves on a National level.

While I cannot necessarily agree with the stance they have taken, I cannot
disagree.
On certain levels, it makes good business sense, even though it is an
unpopular decision. It is my considered opinion that eventually, the strong survive,
and the weak fall by the wayside.

Hobie has been the proverbial 900 pound gorilla of the catamaran world for
years, and by our very nature, Americans love to be different. Sailors in
particular tend to be rather independent minded people, if we weren't, we'd be
sitting on the couch watching the NFL, or NASCAR with the rest of the masses.

That having been said, Hobie's, whether you wanna talk about the 14, the 16,
the 18, the 20, the Tiger or whatever else may come down the pike are NOT the
current "state of the art" but they ARE good boats, there ARE a lot of them,
and they DO have a strong presence at almost any event or venue you might want
to discuss.

There are certainly other Manufacturer's out there that have built boats that
may be better in one respect or another, and depending on what your
particular "Hot Button"
may be, there may be another boat out there that suits you better. If so,
hurrah for you, go for what makes you happy, but do not begrudge or detract from
those out there that LIKE to sail in a strong "one design class"

People are people, and we are all different, there are those that find a boat
and stick with it no matter what, because they LIKE it. There are those that
are constantly chasing the latest and greatest go fast boat they can afford,
and there are those that just wanna be different and stand out from the crowd,
and not sail what "everybody else is sailing." It is my considered opinion
that it is that diversity that keeps things interesting. Beyond that, God
knows, there are a lot of great sailors out there on any kinda boat you may want to
name, and I wouldn't wanna have to sail against every one of them.

However, if you want to race in a strong "one design" catamaran, almost
anywhere in the country, the Hobie is still the way to go.

Personally, I think there are certainly better ways to accomplish what they
are trying to do, and, if they do not take additional steps to strengthen the
classes, this may not achieve the results they have hoped for. There was a day
when someone said Catamaran, they meant Hobie, There were Hobies in TV Shows,
Movies, and commercials of every sort. Some additional presence in the public
eye would go a long way towards achieving the results "they" desire. But,
alas, publicity costs money, unless you can make it a point of National
discussion, anyone remember the hooha about the "New Coke" ? Unfortunately, I don't
think THIS particular discussion is gonna make the evening news.

This has turned into a rather lengthy diatribe, and so I will share a Final
and parting thought. (for today anyway) IF they are indeed trying to
strengthen the Hobie Class, it seems counterproductive, to in October announce that
they will no longer be building the 17 and 18 class boats, in effect sending them
to the boneyard along with the Hobie 14, and then in January, announce that
if you want to sail in a Hobie Regatta you MUST sail a Hobie. It seems to me
that you cannot have it both ways.
Signed,
Stephen

Rick White
Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: SteveT] #28418
01/29/04 07:03 PM
01/29/04 07:03 PM
Yardley PA
DanWard Offline
enthusiast
DanWard  Offline
enthusiast

Yardley PA
Steve...I think your looking for a scapegoat. Regardless of how you feel about this policy you have to acknowledge that the class has been deeply divided over this question ever since admitting the open class 10 years ago. Matt Bounds pointed out earlier in this thread that PU was at the helm of NAHCA when the open class was admitted. Lets stick to the merits and not engage in personal attacks...Dan

Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: DanWard] #28419
01/29/04 09:05 PM
01/29/04 09:05 PM
Colorado
SteveT Offline
enthusiast
SteveT  Offline
enthusiast

Colorado
We're talking about two different Stephens here. I didn't post - through Rick - that note. I do, however, support its author and think that just because PU was on the Board when open classes were allowed doesn't give him some divine right to come on with a heavy hand when he decides that they shouldn't be allowed. When he, and others, allowed an open class they created a situation similar to getting toothpaste back into the tube. There are more gentle ways to achieve similar goals - such as limiting fleet and division board-member positions to Hobie owners. But PU has come on so strong here that he's put a nasty crimp in a sport that is, frankly, an almost totally amateur endeavor geared mostly toward families and those looking for an easy-going weekend. Clearly, Hobie Co needs us way more than we need them. What national company wouldn't trip over themselves for thousands of dedicated, wealthy customers who spend thousands of dollars every year on that company's product. Why didn't PU negotiate more support from the profit-making Hobie Co. in return for more support from the private, non-profit class organization. In his position with IHCA he is responsible for selling us all short. If he was on The Apprentice, Donald Trump would be saying, "You're fired."

When you say that the class has been deeply divided over this subject since open sailing was allowed, I can't really see that. Based on the response from most in this thread, the divisiveness has come from forcing a separation of the classes. Prior to this the few people suffering from allowing open events were those in power at NAHCA and IHCA. In our area, Denver, Hobie didn't suffer. The few Nacras and Prindles that came to Hobie regattas have switched to Hobies without any pressure from us and that's without a dealer in our area for more than a year! Without the open class it's doubtful that these sailors would have come to our events and unless Hobie gets on the ball and gets a dealer going in this area, these events will just get smaller.

My intent is not to place blame, but to urge caution in a new environment for our sport. While the NAHCA and IHCA are fully capable of running day-to-day tasks, they should have called for a membership-wide vote - including detailed input from Hobie Co. and all Division commodores - before enacting such an impactive change. This is not a personal attack but a reckoning of actions taken.

H-20 #896
Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: Mary] #28420
01/30/04 12:37 AM
01/30/04 12:37 AM
Bald Eagle, MN
hobie800 Offline
stranger
hobie800  Offline
stranger

Bald Eagle, MN
I'm interested in hearing more about the post by kmarshack quoting PU as supposedly implying that members of a fleet that does not comply with the non-hobie rules could be banned from nationals competitions. Anyone else hear or read anything more official about that?

H20 #800
Re: NAHCA bans all non-Hobies from events [Re: hobie800] #28421
01/30/04 09:12 AM
01/30/04 09:12 AM
Detroit, MI
mbounds Offline
Pooh-Bah
mbounds  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Detroit, MI
Hobie800,

I've sent both Rich McVeigh and PU e-mails requesting clarification on any proposed sanctions. I've not heard anything definitive. I'll see Lori Mohney (IHCA Vice President) and Ruth Triglia (Hobie Cat Co.) this weekend at the Strictly Sail Show in Chicago.

We'll know more next week.

Matt Bounds

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 580 guests, and 92 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022