Wind conditions at the 16 Worlds were rarely above 15 kts in the Open event.

There were big waves which necessitated a lot of power in the rig, especially if you were significantly (>10 lbs) over minimum weight.

All kinds of tricks were done with the mainsheet blocks to get more rake - smaller triple block on the boom, bitter end of the sheet led under one side of the cleat support arm on the ratchet to allow the blocks to 2-block closer together.

We took over one boat from Juan I. Maegli (4th overall). They were at minimum weight and were carrying 20" of rake (measured with the main halyard). The jib clew plate was touching the front crossbar. Shrouds were in the 3rd hole from the bottom in the adjuster.

Fluffy & I reset the rig since we were a little heavier (295#) - moved shrouds up one hole, 16" of rake. During the next race, the conditions were about 10 kts (crew trapezing, skipper hiking) and big waves. We were travelled off about 4" on the main to keep the leech from stalling and about 4" out on the jib to keep the slot open. Mainsheet was two-blocked. We ended up 10th in the race. Our upwind speed / pointing ability was as good or better than anybody else's. Downwind we were a rocketship. We would have done better if I hadn't misjudged the layline to the weather mark, requiring a double tack in traffic.