02/14/05 01:00 PM
Lake Murray, SC,USA
Cary Palmer Offline
enthusiast
Cary Palmer  Offline
enthusiast

Lake Murray, SC,USA
Wouter:
It looks like all the structure is basically in place. All the groundwork has been laid, the F-16 website is up and running, as well as this public discussion forum. What would it take to do the last step, same way as the F-18 Class has done. Might give you that final step of legitimacy that would eliminate some questions.
I know I'm probably proposing some sort of homework assignment for someone here, but wouldn't a more formal association ultimately drive more boat sales and class growth?
CARY

CARY
ACAT XJ Special
C&C 24
--Advertisement--
A simple answer really [Re: Cary Palmer] #44198
02/14/05 07:42 PM
02/14/05 07:42 PM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

Zuhl,

What would it take to do the last step, same way as the F-18 Class has done.

A local volunteer or group of volunteers willing to dive in to the rule and regulations that local government has for these things. And who are willing to spend the time and money to build such a "last step"

Might give you that final step of legitimacy that would eliminate some questions.

Any area other then my own local area or is to far away for me. Also the limits of my role as the chairman makes such an effort impossible for me. It is a hobby for me and I already spend heaps of time on the other chairman duties. I really do see this as a local issue that should be started and implemented by a group of local owners and volunteers.

I know I'm probably proposing some sort of homework assignment for someone here, but wouldn't a more formal association ultimately drive more boat sales and class growth?

Only one way to find out, right !

I can't repeat it often enough you are free guys and you don't pay membership fees so that we can ask you to give back to the class but the way of volunteer efforts/work.

Seriously, I think we can do well without such structures but that doesn't say that such structures can't be valuable to the class. But however we look at it I won't start these up, I simply don't have time for that. Like I said I already spend my available time on other duties and I do those for FREE. And I'm already enjoying the sight of some other people doing some class work. Thank you Steve Mellet, Eric Poulsen, Scott McCook, Jennifer Lindsay and friends, Phill Brander.

I would say that this is an excellent time to give back to the class. For example we got an excellent Blade F16 design to your area with local builder support at an awful attractive price and with the best alu mast in the world (to name but one thing) and it could be your turn to "up" that one ! I'm up for some R&R.

Surprise and Amaze US, I would say.

Together we go places.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous, phill, Rolf_Nilsen 

Search

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (WorrellGal50), 641 guests, and 94 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022