07/05/01 04:04 PM
07/05/01 04:04 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I just purchased a used hobie 16 last year and I didn't get any manuals with it. The riggings for my jib are all wrong and I don't know how to correct them. Where can I mind information on how to setup the riggings for my jib? Does the hobie cat manuals from Hobie Cat, actually give details and show pictures on how to run your ropes?
<br>
<br>Daryl<br><br>

Attached Files
492- (89 downloads)
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: jib riggings #482
07/05/01 08:01 PM
07/05/01 08:01 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Yes.... the hobie manual is a great resource for your rigging needs. Have fun with your new boat.
<br>
<br>
<br>Sam<br><br>

Attached Files
494- (91 downloads)
Re: jib riggings #483
07/06/01 06:34 AM
07/06/01 06:34 AM
Virginia USA
CMerrell Offline
enthusiast
CMerrell  Offline
enthusiast

Virginia USA
Not sure exactly what you are asking. Hobie assembly manuals can be ordered from Hobie/Murrays/Salty Dog, etc.
<br>
<br>Raising the jib: The jib supports the mast/rig via the wire forestay in the jib luff. Attach the tack of the jib at the chainplate where the two short bridle wires come together. The halyard is connected to the head. The wire section of the halyard runs through a sheave at the tang on the mast. The wire section transitions to a rope section with a block in between. Reeve the rope around the block on the port side of the mast and through the block on the halyard. Tension the halyard until the whole rig is snug. Cleat the halyard on the cleat on the port side of the mast. The standing forestay should now be slack and the forestay in the jib should be holding the rig up.
<br>
<br>Rigging the sheets: There are several ways the jib sheets have been rigged over the years. Without knowing how your boat is equipped, it is hard to be specific but the following should get you pretty close. Attach 2 single blocks on a shackle to the jib clew plate. One end of the jib sheet ties off to the traveller car on the track on the front crossbeam (say the port side). Reeve the sheet through one block on the jib (generally top to bottom), back to the block/cleat/traveller car on a Seaway system or through the block/traveller car and then to a swivel cleat on other systems. The sheet then goes to the other (starboard) side in the opposite fashion. That is, through the cleat, then block/traveller car, then jib block and tie off on the traveller car.
<br>
<br>Hope this helps. Have fun. <br><br>

Re: jib riggings #484
07/07/01 03:49 PM
07/07/01 03:49 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

see some local A fleeters for examples but there are two different ways to rig the jib. 1 is the stock hobie way and the other is called the aussie system you can purchase it from a hobie cat or murrays.<br><br>

Attached Files
518- (96 downloads)

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 599 guests, and 87 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022