03/31/06 10:31 PM
03/31/06 10:31 PM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe
John, you pretty much promised to e-mail me some pictures with proof.

Have not received them nor any race results.

Neither you nor Trey, with your long lists of inside contacts, was able to produce any proof that ;"... the Infusion is making a very strong showing in Europe against all comers ...".

So clearly I'm the one who is talking out of my %$# here.

All the other stuff that gets thrown in is just you guys trying to chance the subject.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 03/31/06 10:48 PM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Capricorns leaving soon for the US [Re: Wouter] #70303
03/31/06 10:39 PM
03/31/06 10:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouter / Guys:

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, step back and wait till the proof comes in. Be it photos, results OR whatever. This is suppose to be a fun forum to exchange ideas and thoughts. Not a name calling and bashing session. RIGHT?

Doug Snell
Hobie 17
Soon to be Mystere 4.3 Formula 14
www.tcdyc.com

Last edited by DougSnell; 03/31/06 10:43 PM.
Well okay [Re: ] #70304
03/31/06 11:06 PM
03/31/06 11:06 PM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe
Well okay,

I wish Gunnar and Mischa the best of luck in the upcoming Voorjaars Bokaal series. I would also do the same for the thrid big name, but I'm not sure whether public use of his name has been cleared yet. Of course Peter can sail a very good race as well.

Will be fun to see the infusion do well and see hobie's reaction to it.

I have arranged for my test ride already. I'm expecting it to be really soon. After that I'll see alot of them as three of them will be in my club race series.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 03/31/06 11:07 PM.

Wouter Hijink
The Netherlands
Re: Well okay [Re: Wouter] #70305
04/01/06 05:22 AM
04/01/06 05:22 AM
West coast of Norway
Rolf_Nilsen Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Rolf_Nilsen  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

West coast of Norway
John, "against all comers" sounds more like a big regatta then the two/three boat testing it has boiled down to by now.

Seesh..

Re: Well okay [Re: Rolf_Nilsen] #70306
04/01/06 06:57 AM
04/01/06 06:57 AM
Looking for a Job, I got credi...
scooby_simon Offline
Hull Flying, Snow Sliding....
scooby_simon  Offline
Hull Flying, Snow Sliding....
Carpal Tunnel

Looking for a Job, I got credi...
John, "against all comers" sounds more like a big regatta then the two/three boat testing it has boiled down to by now.

Seesh..

Agreed.

How about some facts.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here
Re: Well okay [Re: scooby_simon] #70307
04/01/06 10:02 AM
04/01/06 10:02 AM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline
Carpal Tunnel
John Williams  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
I've given you guys the facts. And Wouter, my e-mails to you keep bouncing. Are you still using that hotmail account?

Look, you boys can interpret things however you want - good sailors say they are sailing the Infusion, that they like it, it is going well against other platforms and it is racing this weekend. Stop trying to make something I said in passing more than it is - why are you guys trying to tear down the boat? It exists - it is real - it is sailing.

Here are a couple of pics that I've tried e-mailing Wout. I got these on March 10th - the boat has certainly been wet since then, don't you imagine? No wonder the guys who are sailing it don't post here - you'd think I claimed Bigfoot was having an espresso at the corner cafe and would be sailing a one-off F-16 in the Round Texel this year.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.
Re: Well okay [Re: John Williams] #70308
04/01/06 10:47 AM
04/01/06 10:47 AM
F
fin. Offline
Carpal Tunnel
fin.  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
F

Bigfoot! Really! I didn't even know he could sail!

Seriously, great looking boat!

Re: Well okay [Re: fin.] #70309
04/01/06 11:04 AM
04/01/06 11:04 AM
West coast of Norway
Rolf_Nilsen Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Rolf_Nilsen  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

West coast of Norway
I would have no issue if you had elaborated on "against all comers" as you have done now. But instead you and Trey went "Wouter hunting" and tried pulling some red tape.
Now you are transposing motives I certainly dont have on me. "Talking the boat down" and say I am putting really good sailors off these forums becouse I follow up on your post.. That's so silly I prefer to go and change some bad poo-diapers on "the little one" instead.

Re: Well okay [Re: Rolf_Nilsen] #70310
04/01/06 11:13 AM
04/01/06 11:13 AM
Michigan
PTP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
PTP  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Michigan
I thought that big transoms were bad. I saw an Infusion after the AC last week and was surprised at how big they were. Not that they are huge, per se, but seem certainly bigger than the N20s I had been staring at all week. Seems like things were going away from that. Just wondering.

Re: Well okay [Re: John Williams] #70311
04/01/06 11:31 AM
04/01/06 11:31 AM
+31NL
Tony_F18 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Tony_F18  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

+31NL
I've given you guys the facts. And Wouter, my e-mails to you keep bouncing. Are you still using that hotmail account?

Look, you boys can interpret things however you want - good sailors say they are sailing the Infusion, that they like it, it is going well against other platforms and it is racing this weekend. Stop trying to make something I said in passing more than it is - why are you guys trying to tear down the boat? It exists - it is real - it is sailing.

Here are a couple of pics that I've tried e-mailing Wout. I got these on March 10th - the boat has certainly been wet since then, don't you imagine? No wonder the guys who are sailing it don't post here - you'd think I claimed Bigfoot was having an espresso at the corner cafe and would be sailing a one-off F-16 in the Round Texel this year.

John,
I doubt they are racing this weekend, there are two mayor Spring races held in Holland and both start April 9th.
From what I've heard they are test sailing it, dont know if against non-nacra F18s.
I'm going to one of them next weekend so maybe I can see if it's any good.

The pictures you got where also visible on this website, which is from a Yamaha director who also happens to be a nice guy and sailing/racing enthusiast. (Although sadly the link to the Nacra F18 pictures "new toy for boy" no longer works.)

The websites from the clubs hosting the Spring racing series are:
Hellecat
Roerkoning

Re: Well okay [Re: PTP] #70312
04/01/06 11:32 AM
04/01/06 11:32 AM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline
Carpal Tunnel
John Williams  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
PTP -

Volume maybe? Seems like you gotta put something back there when you've got the skipper sitting on the back beam and the crew trapped and standing on the transom with the kite up... dunno.

Rolf -

I was knee-jerk responding to Wout's assertion that I was "delusional" and I'd posted "bull." I've re-read this entire thread and still do not see what the big hairy deal is. It's not like I work for Performance or own one of the boats. It was info I passed along. It's not hunting if someone else fires the first shot - a civil "I'm not sure that is accurate" might have been better received on my part. The pile-on mentality afterward fostered additional push-back. I'm a nice guy - but I won't be shoved. You asked nicely for open regatta results - looks like you'll have some to consider by the end of the month, both EU and US. My apologies to you personally if you think somehow I was out to decieve you.

John Williams

Gary Player, pro golfer

Re: Well okay [Re: Tony_F18] #70313
04/01/06 11:40 AM
04/01/06 11:40 AM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline
Carpal Tunnel
John Williams  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
Hey Tony -

Dunno, mate - Jack at Performance mentioned yesterday that the Infusions he'd sent over were racing on an inland lake in Holland this weekend and that Capricorns were also expected to be there - I did not press him for details - again, just passing it along. Perhaps I misunderstood.

I can say for sure that an Infusion (Pete's boat) is now in Georgia and is expected to compete in a largish F18 fleet for Spring Fever in a couple of weeks.

And I'm not name dropping here - I don't have a magic "in" with the factory. I was calling Jack for about the 50th time and finally got him on the phone to tell him thanks for his support of the Alter Cup. I don't imagine I'm in his rolodex.

John Williams

Gary Player, pro golfer

Re: Well okay [Re: John Williams] #70314
04/01/06 12:05 PM
04/01/06 12:05 PM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

Yep, 170 mb free space in my inbox and an attachment limit of 10 MB.

why are you guys trying to tear down the boat? It exists - it is real - it is sailing.

Why are you trying to turn a conflict about a single claim into a much larger dissing of the whole design ?

I don't think any of us tried claiming that the boat didn't exist, didn't sail or that it was bad in any way.

The conflict is completely focussed on the "Infusion is making a very strong showing in Europe against all comers" statement. That is all.

Here are a couple of pics that I've tried e-mailing Wout. I got these on March 10th

These were made at the Dutch Boatshow Hiswa which was held from 28 feb to 5 march 2006. I already said that the boat was at this boatshow, no disagreement there. No relevant proof in it either.

- the boat has certainly been wet since then, don't you imagine?

I don't do "imagining things" John. I KNOW it has been wet since here in Netherlands. The proof is here behind this link (and in the picture).

http://www.catsailor.com/forums/sho...page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

If you read my reply to this older post then you learn one reason of why I don't need to talk to Jack at PC or whoever.

Trey, are you still reading this ?

[Linked Image]

No wonder the guys who are sailing it don't post here -

Actually John, one of them did post on this forum. The very guy who is crewing for Gunnar in the picture posted 3 replies in the infusion thread of late februari 2006 when the first pictures were published of them sailing the boat on the Dutch North sea. His handle is nacra555 and he even supplied his e-mail adress in a post so he could be contacted by interested persons. On his new infusion I'll be getting my Infusion test ride.

I certainly hope the other sailor in the picture does remember me. I finallly cleared his new Marstrom M20 handicap rating at the RC office at Round Texel 2003 where I was the acting rating official. He was the M20 importer and dealer at the time. Some people have short memories however.

Honestly, you guys really should have done your homework (on my person) better.

Now, having said all this in my defense in my well know sarcastic style (He, its me, wouter !) I will now make my end to it.

I want to appologize to John if he feels that I wronged him. It was never my intent to insult anyone or bad mouth a new F18 design. I was trying to express my amazement at a particular statement that I felt was more then just a little bit unfounded at this time. However the way I expressed this can well have been too confrontational, and that is uncalled for.

So John, I'm sorry to have offended you.

Wouter

Wouter

Attached Files
Last edited by Wouter; 04/01/06 12:24 PM.

Wouter Hijink
The Netherlands
John, this is to you [Re: Wouter] #70315
04/01/06 12:26 PM
04/01/06 12:26 PM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

I want to appologize to John if he feels that I wronged him. It was never my intent to insult anyone or bad mouth a new F18 design. I was trying to express my amazement at a particular statement that I felt was more then just a little bit unfounded at this time. However the way I expressed this can well have been too confrontational, and that is uncalled for.

So John, I'm sorry to have offended you.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
The Netherlands
Re: Well okay [Re: John Williams] #70316
04/01/06 12:36 PM
04/01/06 12:36 PM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

Dunno, mate - Jack at Performance mentioned yesterday that the Infusions he'd sent over were racing on an inland lake in Holland this weekend and that Capricorns were also expected to be there - I did not press him for details - again, just passing it along. Perhaps I misunderstood.

I think I can clearify this.

This inland lake can only be the IJsselmeer and that means that they are at cat club "de roerkoning". Remco Kenbeek is the Dutch importer of the Capricorn F18 and he has his shop right at this cat club. Last year there were quite a few Capricorn F18's at this cat club, among which Remco himself. For this reason you will expect alot of them to be out on the water.

The official racing calender of the Netherlands mentions sunday 2nd of april as the first day of the "voorjaars bokaal" = spring cup. However on the webpages of the actually organising clubs it is said that both events only start on sunday 9th april. This will, no doubt, lead to confusion and misunderstandings. At this time I don't know which announcement is correct, but I would gamble on the homepages of the club themselfs. If so then there will not be any official racing in NL this weekend. Most likely only a handful of boats out on the water doing some practizing after a long winter of no sailing. All crews will still be clearing the "rust" out ; so any reports must be viewed in that way.

Hope this helps

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
The Netherlands
Re: Well okay [Re: Wouter] #70317
04/01/06 04:00 PM
04/01/06 04:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've re-read this entire thread

Why the hell would you do that?

Carry on gentleman, but may I request more flying poop?

Re: Well okay [Re: ] #70318
04/01/06 05:51 PM
04/01/06 05:51 PM
FL
sail7seas Offline
addict
sail7seas  Offline
addict

FL

Re: Well okay [Re: John Williams] #70319
04/02/06 09:01 PM
04/02/06 09:01 PM
F18OxJ Offline OP
journeyman
F18OxJ  Offline OP
journeyman

Hey John, I was talking with Robbie and thought if you were interested we could setup your boat down here first and you could sail it with Robbie and test it against us on the Tiger. If they arrive before we leave for Austria on May 6th it would be great practice for us as well.

Just a thought... we don't have an arrival date just yet so it's a bit premature.

Re: Well okay [Re: ] #70320
04/02/06 09:23 PM
04/02/06 09:23 PM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
I've re-read this entire thread

Why the hell would you do that?

Carry on gentleman, but may I request more flying poop?

Yeah - you guys stop trying to make-up and start slinging again!

Jake Kohl
Re: Well okay [Re: Jake] #70321
04/02/06 09:55 PM
04/02/06 09:55 PM
BANNED
MauganN20 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
MauganN20  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

BANNED
Does anyone else wish that they could give people swirlies over the internet?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 351 guests, and 111 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022