Below is an email I sent to the Upper Keys Sailing Club Wave sailors -- we have close to 20 boats in the fleet:

OK, It is exactly two weeks from today that the 11th Wave Nationals will be held at Founders Park.., and YOU HAVE TO BE THERE. No ifs, ands, or buts.
There will be sailors from all over the country coming to this great regatta, and here we are with a fleet of 15 + Waves only 12 miles away, and only a handful of UKSC folks sailed in this event last year. That is unheard of. There should be NO EXCUSE for missing it.
Let's see. Here are some of the excuses I know you will come up with:
1. I am just not good enough
Answer: and you never will be, if you don't get out there and try. Nothing makes you a better sailor than attending a major regatta where you will just learn and learn. AND, last year we began offering trophies for the SILVER FLEET (for those that do lack a bit of confidence) Last year Charlie won it, but left early and didn't collect his trophy.
And, the best way to get up to peak level is take my Seminar starting Sunday evening through Wednesday noon before the Nationals. Your learning curve will go straight off the top of the chart. Guaranteed. You will learn SO MUCH It will be astonishing to you.
2. I can't get my boat down there.
Answer: Bull feathers! I personally have two flat bed trailers with 1 7/8" ball that will be available. We can arrange a travel day the weekend before and/or on Thursday and everyone can help each other load up and haul boats to Founders Park.
or how about a fun sail down. It is a pleasant trip if there is wind that will take your down the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, viewing all kinds of birds, dolphins, manatees, and other mild life. We could do that over the weekend before, or on Thursday morning before the races.
Barb says she can arrange for a power boat accompaniment, if anyone is interested. If that sounds like a fun thing to do, email Barb Short barb@the-helm.com and let's get 'er done.
Ron Rigler, unbury your boat and get back in the game, man. You are too good of sailor to just let this go by.
3. I have to work
Answer: Bull feathers again: You certainly can take Friday off. You can even go into work for an hour or so before the regatta starts. The first races are around noon.
If you need it, I can even write you a note.
4. I don't have a boat!
There are all sorts of boats available. Barb Short has at least six at Founders Park, and there are a number of boats at the UKSC that the owners would not mind chartering to you for the regatta, if they are not going to use it themselves.
There are lots of great trophies as well:
5 for the Open Class
3 for the Women
3 for the Masters (60 years old minimum)
2 for the Silver Fleet (new sailors to the class)
The regatta includes a T-shirt, lunches daily and a dinner and lots of racing.
Here is the link for the Notice of Race, which tells you all about it. And within there is a link for you to pre-register (no money needed at that time).

http://www.catsailor.com/waves/wave_nationals.html

OK, I expect to see you all there. We all need to get this class back up to its previous standard of the best racing in the Keys.
Take care,
Rick

Rick White, Publisher/Editor/Webmaster
Catsailor Magazine's OnLine Marine Store
PO Box 2060, Key Largo, FL 33037
305-451-3287, rick@catsailor.com
www.OnLineMarineStore.com

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com