02/27/10 11:20 AM
02/27/10 11:20 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

Finish your study , go find a job and start to live in the real world and be not a jackass who talks behind somebodies back.

Huh ?

My C.V. already says M.Sc. (ir) in the field of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials engineering; what more study do you want me to do ? I am in fact employed at this time and the last time I checked I did live in the same reality as you.

Besides, what has this all got to with the F16 class anyway ? Afterall, GC member John A. is actually unemployed himself and you don't even have a grade that is remotely comparable to my M.Sc. I never held this against either of you.

With respect to talking behind somebodies back. I think you will clearly remember one recent WVZ club meeting where I told you to your face and in front of ohhh 50 club members why you were failing as the club race officer. I dare you to tell me that I was wrong; considering the recent developments at the WVZ.

Now I'm really not looking to do a character assassination on you; you don't deserve that. In fact, I do highly regard you in the way of boat building and R&D of foils etc. You truly have a pair of golden hands and I do often refer people to your shop when they are looking for quality stuff. That is not it, the problem is that a chairmanship/official is not one of your strong points as is also apparent from the fact that you have now been replaced as the WVZ race officer. That didn't come about for no reason.

Therefore I would appreciate it when you don't try to do a character assassination move on me. In fact, I've been your predessor in both the F16 chairmanship AND the WVZ race officer role and things didn't get messed up in either of my tenures. In fact, I was quite successful in either situation; as I'm sure you will confirm yourself. I figure that gives me some justification to speak my mind.

I will however start a new thread on this topic as this thread is not the place to continue this discussion.

But before I do that, I'm first going to shoot some pool with a lovely lady. So have nice evening and come back tomorrow to check out my additional post.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 02/27/10 11:21 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
--Advertisement--
Re: sailor chicks [Re: Wouter] #204502
02/27/10 03:37 PM
02/27/10 03:37 PM
Netherlands
Hans_Ned_111 Offline
enthusiast
Hans_Ned_111  Offline
enthusiast

Netherlands
Well my best friend, i am not sure if it wise to do but anyway, i can tell you that i resigned the RO job because i did not have the time anymore to combine this with my other work and not because i was replaced, but probably you heard thru your backdoors canals a lot of nice stories and i can remember me another situation from the people when you made your comments in that meeting but i probably was sleeping when you made your point and did see another reaction from the people on your comments.
You did a job as RO also but with a bit more volunteers helping you then i had in 2008 , makes live a lot easier.

{quote}What we got is an incestious relationship between the chairman and the "installed" chief measurer (father and son) who are both faaaaar to intimate with the A-cat class and have no end date to their tenure. There is as yet no sign of any structure to "vote the bums out" and that is one reason I'm not a class member at this time. I refuse to legitimize the current GC, the F16 constitution or any counter F16 class rules principle like the AGM.{quote)

What has this to do with F16 class, if you have a problem with me or Piet then you contact me or Piet instead of writing this kind of **** over us over here, this is taking the piss of people in public but you seems to need it.

(quote)Afterall, GC member John A. is actually unemployed himself and you don't even have a grade that is remotely comparable to my M.Sc(quote)

What has this to do with F16 class. ??????????

Well i can open a book about you talking about me and Piet behind my and Piet his back and what i know it was not that (nicely said) nice.

I am not taking a piss on you but after all the **** you wrote and i have read over here , over and over again and i had to count a lot of times to more then 100 not to responed but when you are going to attack in public me or Piet ( he never read this crap overhere btw even when i told him to do, he find it waste of time ) on what we do wrong in your eyes then you will get a response . We (not only Piet and me but also the others ) spend a lot of time on a volunteer basis into the F16 class and not with the idea to get a piss from somebody who things he can do everything better then everybody else.

I leave it by this ,i do want to waste any energy on this kind of BS anymore and even this response is waste of energy

Re: sailor chicks [Re: Hans_Ned_111] #204504
02/27/10 03:42 PM
02/27/10 03:42 PM
West coast of Norway
Rolf_Nilsen Offline

Carpal Tunnel
Rolf_Nilsen  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

West coast of Norway
I am going to go and get myself another whisky (Lagavullin btw). That means at least one person is doing something sensible and productive.

Re: sailor chicks [Re: Rolf_Nilsen] #204528
02/28/10 08:39 AM
02/28/10 08:39 AM
France
pepin Offline
old hand
pepin  Offline
old hand

France
Wow, time for some popcorn to watch the fireworks. It's even better than the AC smile

Re: sailor chicks [Re: Rolf_Nilsen] #204529
02/28/10 08:41 AM
02/28/10 08:41 AM
+31NL
Tony_F18 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Tony_F18  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

+31NL
Originally Posted by Rolf_Nilsen
I am going to go and get myself another whisky (Lagavullin btw). That means at least one person is doing something sensible and productive.

Since when is getting drunk considered sensible and productive?
Or is that a Norwegian thing? grin

Re: sailor chicks [Re: Tony_F18] #204534
02/28/10 09:23 AM
02/28/10 09:23 AM
pgp Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted by Tony_F18

Since when is getting drunk considered sensible and productive?
Or is that a Norwegian thing? grin

Only if he's wearing his curling pants! grin

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.

Re: sailor chicks [Re: Tony_F18] #204556
02/28/10 12:02 PM
02/28/10 12:02 PM
Western Australia
Stewart Offline
old hand
Stewart  Offline
old hand

Western Australia
well its all part of natural selection..

You see Tony take a large herd of animals say zebra.. The herd can only move as fast as the slowest animal.. So its these animals the slowest and weakest that the hunters target and kill. Thus allowing the herd to move faster and thus the herd evolves to a faster herd..
Same with nerve cells.. its the slowest and
weakest nerve cells the alcohol targets and kills first..
All natural selection. Which is why Tony your smarter when your drunk!

Re: sailor chicks [Re: pepin] #204579
02/28/10 09:56 PM
02/28/10 09:56 PM
South Australia
Marcus F16 Offline
enthusiast
Marcus F16  Offline
enthusiast

South Australia
Originally Posted by pepin
It's even better than the AC

grin - Well that would not be hard......2 races.....hundreds of millions spent.....

Marcus Towell

Formula Catamarans Aust Pty Ltd
Re: sailor chicks [Re: pepin] #204692
03/02/10 05:48 PM
03/02/10 05:48 PM
Annapolis Md.
LuckyDuck Offline
enthusiast
LuckyDuck  Offline
enthusiast

Annapolis Md.
Isn't there a way set my settings so that posts from certain users won't show up? This thread had promise since it was about hot chicks sailing great boats really well. Then the turd muncher came along and spoiled it. Why does anyone even respond to the punk. Bummer. Ed

Still hazey after all these beers.
F-16 Falcon #212
Re: sailor chicks [Re: Wouter] #204721
03/03/10 06:33 AM
03/03/10 06:33 AM
Western Europe
ClaytonF16 Offline
ClaytonF16  Offline

Western Europe
[quote=Wouter

Quote Wouter - "Rather a bad review then no review at all !"

Does that comment make you feel better & justified that you can keep resurfacing with more rubbish.?

Quote Wouter - "By the way when can we vote in a new GC ? I want to show my appreciation for still not having received the 2007 Global Challenge notes ! Thank god that the GC is only in the business of class building or they would have made for incredibally bad publishers."

Ironically this meeting was held at your sailing club which is apparently not far from your house, but you chose to not to go & now you sit back & demand minutes to a meeting you could have easily attended.

What a hypocrit.

I think you owe Hans & John an apology.

You F**cking W**nker.

Wouter [/quote]

Re: sailor chicks [Re: Hans_Ned_111] #204722
03/03/10 06:56 AM
03/03/10 06:56 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

that meeting but i probably was sleeping when you made your point and did see another reaction from the people on your comments.

Yes, there were two persons who started calling me names and argue that I don't know what I'm talking about. An interesting statement as I was your predecessor who succesfully introduced the new club race format. I guess it was rather they who didn't really know what they were talking about.

You did a job as RO also but with a bit more volunteers helping you then i had in 2008 , makes live a lot easier.

Yes, but I started out without any volunteers remember ? I worked hard to build that group of volunteers from nothing. That is the point. My life wasn't easier at all, I just made it appear so by working hard in the background. That is the point I was making at the club meeting. Being succesful in these roles is not about making a plan by yourself and then throw it out there in the open. It requires lots of lobbying in the hallways, often many weeks or months before you even draw up and publize your final plan. This plan is actually the end product of that long process, not the beginning. It is the same with the F16 class as a whole.

Well i can open a book about you talking about me and Piet behind my and Piet his back and what i know it was not that (nicely said) nice.

Please do !

I have always said that both you and Pieter are excellent craftsman but that Pieter is far to invested in the A-cat class and unsuited to be the F16 chief measurer (explain will follow shortly). You are both also excellent sailors and much better then me in that respect, but in the way of promotion and people skills you both are not so well developed. My dear friend Phill Brander was kicked out of Pieter's shed in 2004 when he was initially asked by Greg Goodall to wait for him there. Phill was really not amused by this. Also Pieter refuses to mark the weight of my F16 on my measuring form because that is the way they do it in the A-cat class ! Call me arrogant, but I was actually the one who wrote the F16 class rules and that was never the way the F16 class rules were to be intepreted. He just smiled and thus hinted to me "what are you going to do about it ?".

This is not talking behinds anyones back as this is all public knowlegde. You have known it for several years now but have never corrected the situation. This does fall under your responsibility as a chairman. I now strongly advice any F16 boat owner to seek out a F18 class measurer as they do fill out the measurement forms completely and not bitch about what some other class does or doesn't do.

Again, I'm not trying to kill you guys off, no-one will benefit from that, indeed, you guys are still very valuable in several roles, just not in the roles you hold now.

We (not only Piet and me but also the others ) spend a lot of time on a volunteer basis into the F16 class and not with the idea to get a piss from somebody who things he can do everything better then everybody else.

Well, I don't actually THINK I can do it better but KNOW I can !

Afterall, I have proven that by being the class founder and being your successful predecessor as the clubs race officer and class chairman.

I'm not pissing on the other volunteers like Gill, Rolf, Tom, Tony and many others at all. I'm in conflict with only two people; You and your father.

Now I think it is great that you develop your own F16 design (The raptor) and that Pieter has such a successful business in A-cats and carbon masts but I think both these endeavours (among other things)do lead to a conflict of interests that the F16 class should avoid for the future. Therefor, I move to propose completing your tenure in 2011 (5 years duration) and then make room for a new chairman and chief measurer. It is the right thing to do. Just as I did several years ago when the talk of a "Wouter dictatorship" was getting out of hand.

Now despite our disagreements I will keep refering people to both your shops for repair work and quality stuff like foils. I have always done that and will continue to do so.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
The Netherlands
Re: sailor chicks [Re: Wouter] #204727
03/03/10 07:57 AM
03/03/10 07:57 AM
P
phill Offline

veteran
phill  Offline

veteran
P

Wouter,
You are incorrect about me being kicked out of Piet's shop in 2004.
If you have personal issues with people it would be in every ones interest that you take it up with them offline.

Regards,
Phill

I know that the voices in my head aint real,
but they have some pretty good ideas.
There is no such thing as a quick fix and I've never had free lunch!

Re: sailor chicks [Re: phill] #204728
03/03/10 08:03 AM
03/03/10 08:03 AM
South Australia
Marcus F16 Offline
enthusiast
Marcus F16  Offline
enthusiast

South Australia
Originally Posted by phill

If you have personal issues with people it would be in every ones interest that you take it up with them offline.

Those who support the motion.....Say I DO....!!!

Marcus Towell

Formula Catamarans Aust Pty Ltd
Re: sailor chicks [Re: Marcus F16] #204729
03/03/10 08:07 AM
03/03/10 08:07 AM
West coast of Norway
Rolf_Nilsen Offline

Carpal Tunnel
Rolf_Nilsen  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

West coast of Norway
Ugh!

Re: sailor chicks [Re: Marcus F16] #204730
03/03/10 08:14 AM
03/03/10 08:14 AM
Western Europe
ClaytonF16 Offline
ClaytonF16  Offline

Western Europe
I do.!

Re: sailor chicks [Re: phill] #204739
03/03/10 09:25 AM
03/03/10 09:25 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

Phill,

Now I'm not intending to create an embarrashing situation for either of us, but you told me this yourself. You felt that PS was quite unpleasant to you at the time, but this is not the only issue that you found discerning; as you know. Additionally there is a score of issues (unrelated to me personally) that you don't know about.

I refrain from detailing these issues as that is really in no-ones interest. Not in your interest, not in Hans/Pieter interest, not in my interest and certainly not in the interest of the F16 class.

However, ignoring them is worst path to go down.

I did but I'm not dealing with personal issues in these posts. The issues I adress here are of importance to the F16 class and are limiting its growth in the EU market and possibly the class as a whole. Please read the new thread that I created for details.

Of course the current GC did great work over the last few years but their tenure is almost over and it is a good time to introduce new blood to the F16 leadership. One that is up to the challenges of the future.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
The Netherlands
Re: sailor chicks [Re: Rolf_Nilsen] #204742
03/03/10 09:52 AM
03/03/10 09:52 AM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
Ugh!

No kidding.

Re: sailor chicks [Re: Karl_Brogger] #204856
03/04/10 01:20 PM
03/04/10 01:20 PM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

ugh!

No kidding.

Yeah, that was kind of bad wasn't ? grin

I can actually see the humour in it.

(Leaving the exact details aside for a minute. )

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
The Netherlands
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous, phill, Rolf_Nilsen 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 655 guests, and 139 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022