05/10/10 08:37 AM
05/10/10 08:37 AM

A
andrewscott
Unregistered
andrewscott
Unregistered
A

It was brought to my attention (by Glenn from Sail Honeymoon) this weekend that the city of Dunedin has the new overnight parking permits just about ready, and at the end of the month people are supposed to go to the Rec Center and purchase their annual passes.

The passes are $100, and allow you to park your cat/trailer overnight 2 days a week.

There were also supposed to be weekend passes you can purchase ahead of time individually

Also for races, the local fleet/club (TBCS) was told last year to get in communication with the Parks dept and give them a schedule to allow exceptions for races.

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Overnight parking in Dunedin [Re: ] #210590
05/10/10 08:53 AM
05/10/10 08:53 AM
Daytona Beach
Jeff_Bowers Offline
journeyman
Jeff_Bowers  Offline
journeyman

Daytona Beach
Andrew,
Any way to purchase on line if I plan on coming over for a weekend?

Jeff Bowers
Mystere 6.0(sometimes XL)
Re: Overnight parking in Dunedin [Re: Jeff_Bowers] #210591
05/10/10 09:04 AM
05/10/10 09:04 AM

A
andrewscott
Unregistered
andrewscott
Unregistered
A

not sure, but great question. I would wait till after they start and give em a call.. i would GUESS you could fax in the info they need (license / trailer registration) etc but really unk at this time.

Lets wait and see if they really start the permits at the end of the month (was supposed to start last year)... could be just the locals in the condo's starting crap. for some reason they complain about everything, and esp boats on the beach on weekends?

I will keep everyone posted when i hear more ...

Re: Overnight parking in Dunedin [Re: ] #210596
05/10/10 09:58 AM
05/10/10 09:58 AM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
condo dwellers complain about everything because that's ALL THEY HAVE TO DO.

You ever been to one of their meetings? Jerry Springer's got nothing on condo crowds!

Jay

Re: Overnight parking in Dunedin [Re: waterbug_wpb] #210600
05/10/10 10:03 AM
05/10/10 10:03 AM

A
andrewscott
Unregistered
andrewscott
Unregistered
A

last year when the town was having public hearings about overnight parking for boats... one condo owner (obviously been to happy hour somewhere) got up to the mic and had a 10 minute diatribe about how letting people camp on the beach, and use the public showers was a very bad idea and would open the door to trouble.

i dont think she ever understood this was a hearing about boat parking and NOTHING to do with allowing people / cars/ tents / showering at the causeway overnight (it technically is closed at 11), despite the entire council explaining to her.

Then Parker got up and said that we should have the right to have sex in our vans on the causeway??... not sure if he helped us either but the rest of what he said was good smile

I dont even think he owns a van...

Re: Overnight parking in Dunedin [Re: ] #210606
05/10/10 10:21 AM
05/10/10 10:21 AM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
Originally Posted by andrewscott
one condo owner (obviously been to happy hour somewhere) got up to the mic and had a 10 minute diatribe about how letting people camp on the beach, and use the public showers was a very bad idea and would open the door to trouble.

You see, my esteemed non-condo dweller, all beach access should be prohibited to non-beach condo residents (also referred to as "the great unwashed" or "naerdwells"). Parking areas should have gates and little rent-a-cops with badges disallowing anyone but oversized herses driven by hairless or blue haired individuals. It's the way things work down here in the retirement state.

How dare you even postulate that you could bring a trailer, much less a boat to the beach! This is private ocean, dude. I mean, really, if the general public used beaches, it would lead to domestic unrest, cats and dogs sleeping together... we're talking mass hysteria here!

smile

Jay

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 657 guests, and 123 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022