07/21/01 06:36 AM
07/21/01 06:36 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Does anybody have the instructions for the wave jib kit? I opened the kit today and noticed they are missing?
<br><br><br>

Attached Files
866- (22 downloads)
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Wave Jib Instructions #930
07/21/01 08:08 AM
07/21/01 08:08 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

We had a kit put on our first Wave but can't remember all the details.
<br>First, I know you have to install the bar between the hulls. You need to take off the eyestraps for the forestay bridle wires to do so.
<br>I do remember that the sail is not hanked on to the forestay, and the boltrope in the luff is stretchy, so you are not going to get the boat to go to weather. It will only help a bit on reaches.
<br>Let's see! They supplied us with some stainless steel mounts for the jib leads that somehow attach to the inside of the hulls.
<br>Guess I am not much help, so the best thing is to contact the dealer you got it from or Hobie Cat Company.
<br>
<br>Meanwhile, don't get the spinnaker option -- it is worse than the jib option. We have been working on a system that will actually be effective as a jib and can possibly add to the offwind performance, making the boat ideal for two Youth Sailors.
<br>As soon as we get some bugs worked out, I'll let everyone know through this and the Wave Forum.
<br>Good luck,
<br>Rick White<br><br>

Attached Files
867- (23 downloads)
Re: Wave Jib Instructions #931
07/21/01 09:17 AM
07/21/01 09:17 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I have the jib instructions from Hobie. They are as follows:
<br>1. Install bow spreader tangs on each bow under the existing briddle wire tang as shown.
<br>2. With trampoline loosened, force hulls apart and place bow spreader in position on pins installed on bows.
<br>3. With swivel cleat mounted to plate, install jib sheet jam cleat plate under the existing trampoline hook as shown. This is installed under the center of three tramp hooks. Use the upper two of four holes in the plate.
<br>4. Install jib halyard block on pig tail and place pigtail on shroud shackle next to forestay wire and between the two shroud wires. It is a tight fit but works great.
<br>5. Intall halyard cleat. Loosen downhaul cleat and slide down luff track. Thighen original cleat at lower location. Use lower cleat for jib halyard cleat.
<br>
<br>6. Run halyard thru halyard block and tie of ends at lower cleat. Install halyard shackle. Step mast.
<br>
<br>7. Clip jib tack to spreader pole eye strap at cneter of pole. Attach jib hank to forstay. Shackle halyard to jib head and hoist. Tighten lightly and cleat to lower cleat of luff track.
<br>
<br>8. Tie one end of the jib sheet to jib clew. Run sheet aft to swival jam (inside of shroud wire) to swivel jam thru dead eye first then out jaws toward center of boat. Pass line across trampoline to other swivel cleat. Run line thru jaws first then dead eye. Run line forward (inside shroud) to jib clew and tie off.
<br>
<br>The only problem we've had with the jib is that the sheets sometime get hooked on the main halyard cleat. Still trying to figure out why this happens sometimes and not others.
<br>
<br>Good luck!
<br>
<br>Dave<br><br>

Attached Files
869- (29 downloads)

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 657 guests, and 140 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022