Okay Clayton and Maugan,

Don't answer, don't argue. That's not my purpose in this reply here.

Please, just think about, consider, this:

What if:

-- The hype about climate change is CORRECT.
Nobody believes it (like y'all don't.)
We keep on with our standard of living.
What happens? The dire predictions come true. Yes, the earth will live, renew. It has millions and millions of years. But the most endangered species of all will be HUMANS.
It's pretty well documented that humans haven't been around for particularly long compared to the existence of life itself, so yeah, the earth goes on, but we sure don't. If we don't kill each other over the dwindling resources, the violent climatic events will get us.

Okay, scenario two:
--The hype about climate change is INCORRECT.
Nobody believes it (like y'all don't.)
We keep on with our standard of living.
What happens? Nothing. Except, we'll be killing each other over the dwindling resources like we do now. Status quo.

Okay, scenario three:
-The hype about climate change is CORRECT.
EVERYBODY believes it.
We change our standard of living to be more sustainable.
What happens?
We've saved ourselves buttloads of money, we aren't dependent on anyone but ourselves, and the future is pretty bright, even if we sorta miss them big ol SUVs.

Okay, scenario four, the most interesting one:
-The hype about climate change is INCORRECT.
EVERYBODY believes it IS gonna happen anyway.
We change our standard of living to be more sustainable.
What happens?
We've saved ourselves buttloads of money, we aren't dependent on anyone but ourselves, and the future is pretty bright, even if we sorta miss them big ol SUVs.

My point here? If the climate changers are wrong, and we go ahead and live sustainably as if they weren't, well then we have nothing to lose. Woe frickin' betide us all, though, if the climate changers are right and we have done nothing. I figure it behooves us all to act prudently. I mean, I can live with the lifestyle change - it's not that big a deal, compared with the possibilities that face us.

This sig would be something witty, but the censors are against that.