Jake:
Everyone says a A is just to fragile. They broke BIG at one of the last regattas (Broken mast on pitch pole, crossbars pulled out, etc.) F-16 looks like a good building class. I have heard good things about the Blade from Pete Pollard and the guys. Can race it Uni, main and chute or all up. Ashleigh is only 13 and 110 lbs. Don't think she can handle the big chute. Just want to get rid of 21 year old boat and get latest technology. HELL the boat is 2' 4" longer than the 4.3 and weight the same (240 lbs). It should FLY!!!!

Ready for 21st century boat,

Doug

Doug,

Please watch your posts. At the Gulfport regatta, Rush Bird on his A2 broke a mast in a violent capsize. He was close reaching into the weather mark and got hit by a violent gust and unfortunately hit the mark with the mast. I think that contributed greatly to the mast section breaking.

I assembled my boat improperly (used the wrong length beam bolts) and popped loose the putty fairings in the rear beam socket. There was no structural failure, just embaressment for me. Please verify your posts before you imply the wrong thing about a class or individual.

Thanks,

Bob Hodges