scooby,

So which F16 are you using as your closest ?

He is using my quotes as a comparison and I always quote the most complete boats when discussing the F16's. I hate it when somebody says that a certain boat cost such and such only to find out afterwards that this doesn't include a jib, selftacker, (pentex) sails, second set of trapezes, shipping, delivery etc. Sadly alot of boat builders do business that way, from Marstrom, never includes the sails, to Hobie where even the second set of trapezes is considered an EXTRA !

Basically I quote the prices of the race-ready (as seen in the pics, sailed by Matt himself) price of the F16's, both Stealth, Blades and future Viper F16. If one would loose the jib and selfacker, the shipping costs and some other stuff then the named F16's and Jav-16 will be quite close to one-another in "price". This is of course reflected by your statement, Scooby.

Stealth offer a single handed F16 at 7150GBP which at todays rate on the BBC is 10506.21 EUR, or a 2 up boat at 7950GBP which is 11681.73 EUR.

So I guess I'm to blame for catfan using a high quote of the Stealth F16. But then again that quote will get you in front of the fleet as a fully fitted out sloop doublehander.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands