mbounds,
It is not who pissed in my cereal, it is how many pissed into our cereal!!!! We had three very good volunteers doing a lot of work for FREE for the better of sailing in particular CAT SAILING, these volunteers were used, abused, lied too, need I say none of these volunteers are involved with F-18 racing any more.
This was not the point of my posting I replied to the Tornado alives posting referring to the Tornado racing is healthy here in Australia. I am pissed at the fact that we have got our heads in the sand. Let me try to explain it another way this is how a catamaran sales pitch would look like if you sail in Sydney
spend 6 plus hours a week for a two 45 min races if you are lucky in good sailing conditions in a fleet of 4 boats??
-Two hours fixing your boat ready for the weekend,
-Hour to get your gear ready/ boat on the car sailing gear,
-One plus hours to travel to your club,
-One hour or more to rigg,
-One hour or more to pack up
-One plus hours to travel home
It will cost you anything between 15 to 30 thousand dollers + running cost of about 5 thousand if you're lucky, plus you will need to allow time to do your duty as a volunteer??

Now this is not a post trying to kill sailing but a tip to get off our back sides and find a way to fix the problem yes it is getting worse have a look at how many clubs are closing and the numbers are decreasing every year.

Mark Laruffa