Mike,
Yes I am disgruntle not at what happened at the Worlds as they were great success. It was that a number of people could not go past there selfish needs and agendas, to see how this benefited all class of cats and I am mostly disgruntle that we have lost a small number of people, who I believe are the only ones with the capability and vision to make it work. In regards to your little club I congratulate you, as it's working when compared to other clubs but there is not much to compare to these days, and yes it suits your needs but I don't think you can truly believe that this can be classed as a success for Australian sailing. 20 years ago the some club had well over 40 cats racing, there was 20+ Hobie 16 alone! plus just 10km away, you could race Sunday with a further 20 or so 16's and there were 3 or more clubs with fleets over the numbers you are talking about. I only used Sydney as an example, I think many are experiencing what we are in Sydney, “yes” the some as Melboune there are areas of small success. I believe we need to have a studious look at how Europe is working there producing the best sailors and the largest fleets. I did not post this as a bitch, we have a problem and if we don't why was this forum even started, the question was asked why was not the Tornado nor any cat not recognize by a US sailing Federation to be considered for the Olympics??? Maybe we're not as healthy as you think
Mark

Yep - we are 1 little club and we don't pretend to be representative of all of Australia. Nor should Sydney, Brisbane or any other single place. I guess it depends on your definition of success. To me there are two measures of overall success. First is to have lots of "little" successes over and over again all around the country. I won't talk about interstate because I simply don't know however here we have quite a few of these little "successes". Second is for the participants to enjoy themselves weather they come first, second, middle of the fleet or last. Once again this is happening here. Even when we have a bad day on the race track, at least we have a beer afterwards and bitch about how hard done by we were.

To the others who don't want to consider joining in - I'm sorry because you don't know what you are missing.

Michael