I just got back from a weekend of racing in Mexico. I still haven't learned to use the spin yet. One side of the welded loop where the spin pole attaches, sheared off after 3 hours in rough water. It looks like a bad weld.

I raced triangles Sunday in 7 to 10 knots of wind against 1-Inter20, 2-Hobie20s, 2-Nacra 5.8s, 1-Mystere 6.0. I was Uni-Rigged, only the mainsail. I was not scored against the Inter 20 because we don't score spin and non spin together.

Excluding the Inter 20, I finished first in 3 of 4 races. The race I finished second I was only 3 seconds behind a Nacra 5.8. The Blade single handed with only the mainsail was able to walk away from all but the Inter 20 and was able to stay very close to the Inter 20 every fist leg upwind.
Downwind is when the other boats would make up lots of ground but in only 2 cases at C mark I was passed by a Nacra 5.8.

The boat seems to be much faster that the handicap would lead me to believe. All the other sailors were amazed as to how fast the boat was upwind and how fast it was downwind with only a mainsail.

The handicap under these conditions resulted in all boats giving me time, but it seems like it should have been the other way around. I think the handicap will eventually rate the Blade F16 faster than, Nacra 5.8, Prindle 19 MX, Hobie 20, and possible the Tiger F18. I think eventually I should be able to keep up with an Inter 20 in conditions below 12 knots of wind. I don't think is an exaggeration.

Stephen
Phoenix Az