I am against banning adjustable T foils. Anything that might be a development should be encouraged and we should not restict ourselves.

However I think the thinking about adjustable T foils is flawed. A foiling moth is a foiling boat. An F16 is not a foiler. We adjust the balance of the boat by trim and weightshifting. If we get this out of balance then the T foil angle of attack will help correct it e.g. preventing a pitchpole. If the wind and weight balance is suddenly altered, the T foil angle of attack changes and helps correct the balance. We have a 16 foot waterline to balance. A foiling boat only has about 6 inches water line and the foil angle of attack is far more critical. Since every action need an equal and opposite one, by adjusting the T foils to balance a catamaran will be countered by changing the weight shift or trim. This means that if a T foil angle of attack needs to be changed then the boat must be sailing out of balance. In the current configuration on the Stealth, the T Foils are most active when either overpowered down wind or when the boat has to react to a gust. The foils correct the temporary out of balance boat. To use one as a continuous balnce control would only slow the boat down. A T foil does not generate energy.

The Hobie Tri foiler sails better than a Rave because the sensors anticipate the waves and the foil angle of attack changes before the wave hits it. A trailing edge elevator cannot do this. I think the foiling moths have been trying this idea out as well. This will not apply to our displacement 16 foot hulls.

I may be wrong but the only way to prove it is to develop it. So don't let's ban it.