You are getting a nice boat at a great price. The fact is owners will never get back all the money they put into their boats over the years, and buyers will never be able to afford a new boat that performs for the money they spend on a used boat. I have put as much money into mine this year as I bought it for originally, but that will not double the value...only the fun factor. You are getting a great deal if this boat is ready to sail, if you are anal and enjoy it, you will put twice this much into it over the next few years, and then keep putting more money and time into it than you could ever hope to recoup. If you are willing to accept this then welcome aboard!..."Hi my name is ubicomp and I am addicted to sailing, I put all my spare money and time into my boat; I neglect friends, family, work, and other responsibilities in favor of my addiction; I feel guilty sometimes but it goes away as soon as I get on the water and raise the sails." When you can repeat this with a clear conscience then you will know you have done the right thing.