One the development side.. I fully expect the wing will be banned in F16 asap.. As soon as one appears..
You must admit we have had this tendency even under your chairmanship..

I admit that we had our disagreements in the past about what could be allowed and what shouldn't. On the other hand have you checked who kept the carbon masts in the F16 class, the carbon beams, the Kevlar, nomex and all other kinds of materials like Cuben Fibre ? And lets not forget the T-foils and even the banana boards and canted boards !

Yes. under my tenure the glueing in of the beams was forbidden. So too continiously adjustment of the mast rake and the ability to rake the mast to windward. And a mast height limit was introduced into the class rules.

Looking over this comparison I say my rep sheet is pretty favourable in the way of allowing new
stuff.

With respect to the wing if the choice was out to me then I would look closely at its survivability, rightability when singlehanding, it performance (gain ?), how practical it is in transport and its costs. If a favourable judgement can be passed on all of these points then yes I think I'll be a long way towards being convinced that it should be allowed. Still, I don't expect this to happen in reality, mostly I expect the gains made by the wing around the bouys in a fleet to be to small to really be attractive when compared to the ease of the conventional rig.

So like others I don't see introduced to the F16's any time soon.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 09/27/07 03:08 PM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands