Ok Bob. I can't take anymore fuzzy thinking.

Take any event in the world. If you protest someone for TEAM RACING.... which impacts on your finish position. Do you agree with me that you are saying that X AND Y are cheating?

Not a mistake!
Not an error in judgemnt...
The act of team racing is a pre meditated act of two people who are cheating and undermining the integrity of the sport!

Do you think that the standard of proof that you should have when you fly that protest flag should be of the highest order, bullet proof evidence in fact? OR are you satisfied... with hey... I think X and Y are cheating... let's see what they have to say about the incident.

Unfortuneatly. The following posted comments speak to how this allegation is interpreted in the world.

Remember... the PROTEST WAS DENIED... BUT this is what you get.

From sailing anarchy

Group: Members
Member No.: 22872

QUOTE(Boudreaux @ Oct 18 2007, 05:05 PM)
Whoa! Serious sour grapes there. My understanding is as follows:

Race 13 or 14, Robbie Daniel's team had a bad race, and were lying in 4th or 5th. Lovell was in first and "Team Red Gear" tuning partner was in second. There was nothing but a spin fetch left to the finish. At this point Daniel's training partner jibed away from the finish, sailed a little ways, then jibed back, wrapping their chute. Coaches and spectators were all crying "foul". The only reason to jibe was to get passed by his tuning partner. As this sort of behaviour is team racing, and is illegal in our sport.

After speaking with the coaches that witnessed the incident, Lovell filed the protest.

From looking at the scores, I can see it was disallowed, we all know there is no way to win that protest anyway, but clearly it got under "Team Red Gear's" skin. As it should have. Even if Robbie Daniel was completely innocent in the incident, going into the room when his tuning partner had so clearly done something wrong had to shake him up. If he was as righteous as Jill propogates, he'd be cool as a cucumber, with nothing to be "psyched out" about.

WELL<
sour grapes, sore loosers. I heard another competitor witnessed that he saw the training partner guys flounder around to give a point to the Team Red Gear's number one team a point they maybe did not earn. WoW. what a statement that a Coach who is world class and has been a member of US Sailing since the 40's who was impartial felt that he had seen the same "giving of a point"

What is sailing comming to. People giving their friend points to rig the score. It reminds me of something you would see in the NBA or other point shaving venues not sailing. I mean really there is not any money at stake.

I must agree that actions like that need to protested or they will continue. I hope other point shavers are watching this and seeing what can happen to you if you participate in such activites.

I sure hope the guys who won go on to win a Medal for the USA.

So, even when the protest committe says you are found NOT GUILTY OF CHEATING.... It STICKS .... you are now slimed!

Mark

OH... and notice the second idiot joined SA today... just so he could opine on the integrity of those who were not found guilty of cheating.

crac.sailregattas.com