I think the main reason the Yahoo forum keeps more traffic is just that's the one everybody'a been using the longest. Even when the new open forum came up here, it took awhile before the old version was closed out, even though the new one was far better.

So - everybody keep posting and get some good content here and the tide may turn. That having been said, there's a great wealth of info on the Yahoo forum, use the link for the upgraded search to find it.

As for whether the tris are like cats or monos - I think the point is well made that ownership is more like a mono in that you are now dealing with a larger boat that has many systems the beach cats do not. You'll get more stuff from the big suppliers than from Murrays! Batteries, outboards, fuse panels, galleys, heads, remote engine controls, etc., etc., etc....

As far as sailing goes - I think you can go both ways. You can sail your tri like a mono and be happy - it just won't be as fast as if you take its performance possibilities into mind.