My first stab at entrepeneurship was dealing drugs in the 70s. Small stuff -- just enough to live on. That worked till I got busted! Through the 80s and 90s I tried a few "real" jobs but couldn't get the hang of it. Even tried one gig for 5 years with a corporation. What a waste of 5 good years!

I've always made just enough money to "get by" on our relatively simple lifestyle. Early on I realized that there was an infinite amount of money, but only a finite amount of time. I decided right then and there that time was way more valuable than money, and went off pursuing experiences at the expense of making money! If I had to do it all over again, I'd keep it just that way.

I take personal responsibility for getting my crew to quit her job of 40 years! And a good percentage of my friends are either unemployed or unemployable...or both!

When it is all said and done and you are lying there on your bed watching the lights go out, you gotta ask yourself are you gonna be grateful for that extra sale your closed or that extra gig you landed, or are you gonna wish you had spent more time with your kids or more time on the sailboat. I choose the latter...every day!

Time Warp Racing
Hobie 14, 16, & 17, Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2