Are you stepping the mast with boat on the trailer backwards? If so what are the advantages to this? My Mystere 6.0 has no pins ("So every body get to hell out of the Way")in the mast base and so I tie it off using a fairlead on the mast near the base to another on the beam centre.Get on the tramp lift and push it upright and get somone to pin it. Now if there was a trailer A' la' tornado cat or Mrarstom I think, that tilted sideways enough to pivot the hulls vertical so you could attach the mast base and then walk mast till it was perpendicular, pin it to the bridle then swing the whole boat mast up, horizontal. Or you could compile all my ideas' on video take them down to parks' and recs' and they will probably be willing to give you mast up storage on a beach all by yourselves.

I do have my boat backwards on the trailer.It's just a lot easier to set it up by myself. I have a pin for mine, most tie on though. I tie my spin. halyard to the front spin. pole tang before raising. After I raise it I pull that and cleat it then jump down and pin it. The only real negative to doing it this way is if you drop it your car takes the hit. I think the big advantage is the angle of the mast before raising.I neeed to get my mast support modified so I can slide it up and pin it. My goal is to be able to get my shoulder under the mast before I start to push up. A lot easier on the back. I'll take some pic's this weekend and post them next week.

We had a guy here with a 18sq. He modified his tilt trailer. He added a 5hp gas motor and hydraulic pump and hydraulic ram. Tilting his boat for trailering took seconds. A tweak to the geometry and your idea would work.

And Bob,just so you know,I understand your posts. Must be a Canadian boat thing. LOL.

Have Fun