Interestingly enough the "Head measurer of the F16 class" refuses to put the measured weight on my measurement form despite repeated requests to do so from myself. I have not lodged a formal complaint yet as I would like to give the GC time to sort this one out in an amical manner.

My boat has been measured fully in May 2007 when it was dry and clean. I was present at the measuring and memorized the measurements.

Sail no: NED 243
Platform: Taipan F16 (not modified but purpose build as an F16)
Name of boat: Actaully it doesn't have a name but is known to some as Typhoon or Yellow Danger.
Owner: Wouter J. Hijink
Weighted by: Pieter Saarberg

Weights : 121.8 kg ready to sail in 2-up mode.

Comments on the platform:

Timber-epoxy/aluminium homebuild using several "heavy" components due to cost and availability. Example : uses 4 mm stays (1200 kg) through out, daggerboards are 2.1 kg a piece, glass battens instead of foam core ones, heavy cloth for spi and mainsail by choice (durability). Heavy 10 mm solid core spi sheet as I still had that laying around. Proctor spreader arms. Taipan mast section as mainbeam instead of 80x2 mm round tube as I could get that section free of charge. 50x1.6 boom as that will withstand me falling or standing on it (as has happened multiple times now). Probably also couple of other things that I forget to mention now.

There is absolutely no doubt that I can get this boat to be below 120 kg by changing out some minor parts like battens, stays and boom for lighter versions. Which is not bad considering that this boat is the prototype F16 (= very first purpose build boat for the F16 class).

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 02/28/08 09:20 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands