Well, Kevin, he told me, but I was not in a position to be paying close attention or taking notes at the time -- and he called on a completely different subject. What interested me is that, as I had supposed, when you add flotation to your hull (not built into the construction), you may have a hard time keeping it inside your hull if you get a big hole. Or, as someone else said in this thread, the flotation, when unattached, can go to one end of the hull or the other and cause a problem of a different sort.

He did say that the Bimare uses foam-core construction and has foam bulkheads but that those alone are not enough to meet the European standards, so additional flotation is put inside the hulls and secured. In this case the foam, of whatever nature, was dislodged and got out through the hole.

I would really rather not be the middle man here, and I think it would be best if W.F. or a factory representative would explain what kind of flotation is installed and how.

And I don't think it is really productive to pick on one specific boat without getting information from as many manufacturers as possible about what they do to make sure their boats won't sink. The Jav 2 just happens to be the one that got captured on film.

Is this really a major problem? I don't think so. How often do you hear of a beach-cat sinking right to the bottom? No reason to blow it out of proportion. But, still, it would be nice to know for sure that your boat will not sink.

I started this thread in the first place primarily because I thought the issue should be addressed in regard to boats that are used in the Worrell 1000.