1983 Nacra 5.0 is what i sail and here are the reasons...
Solid glass construction...had a hobie that suffered from delam so after that i made up my mind that if i was to get a used boat in my price range it would have to be glass with no foam core. Not to mention my neighbor does fiberglass repair for a living. Budget was low and i ended up picking the boat up for 1K(have alot more than that in it now). The boat fit my budget at the time and after reveiwing the new nacra 500 i saw they were still the same hull shape for the most part but the old boat was a fraction of the cost. No side rails up top...My prindle and hobie both had the lip on the top edge of the hull and i didnt really like that because it was loud while sailing. After sailing with a freind on a Nacra i decided that i liked the silence of the hull with no top edge and that the spray didnt really bother me. The next reason would probably be that the guy that has tought me to sail sails a Nacra and alot of the other club members sail them also. The last reason would have to be the look of the boat. I prefer the look of the nacra type hull to the traditional Hobie/prindle hull and had always heard the saying "I sold the Hobie and upgraded to a Nacra" which i now know is total crap...I get beat by guys on Hobies all the time!

Those are my reasons...Long live the 5.0!