Oh boy more Wouter comments. It’s obvious you do not know anything about the Getaway and have never sailed one, plus of course we all know how much you love Hobie. First the benefits of the Wave do extend to the Getaway on many levels. I have sailed Getaways many times, there has never been an issue with pitch poling due to your points. The sail area is great and gives it plenty of power. I have never had any issue with the front cross bar causing a pitch pole in any condition. The mast weight in no way makes it difficult to right the boat; again I am 150 lbs. wet.

Comparing the Getaway to the TheMightyHobie18 in righting was only a point of reference for some.

Actually its advantage is it’s a “16 foot beach cat with beer coolers and roto-molded hulls that are abuse resistant,” which I might add the Getaway has enough recreational performance for most of us, and is a breeze to rig. And when one puts the Getaway next to a Nacra 500 the Getaway pretty much wins on several levels, but the 500 also has advantages as well, both are great boats.

Oh I might add those at Sailing World Mag. liked the Getaway so much that they award it as the 2002 Recreational Racer of the year. Their report was very positive. Funny the Bravo, Wave, & Getaway (their roto-molded line of boats) seems to get many negative comments from people like you yet they sell like hot cakes, those that own them for the most part love them, and on and on. Heck look at the H16 also not loved by you yet this year in particular they are having a difficult time keeping up with demand.

Fair winds,