I have worked several years as a catsailing instructor and we did many batchlor parties and company outings. I have often sailed Nacras, Prindles and Hobie with several adults and also kids on board. Did you ?
Wouter

Actually...yes I have. But back to my question phrased a bit more simply. Have you ever sailed a Getaway? One word would would be a fine answer.

I like you Wouter, you're fun.

Now, just for reference. Here is a pic of myself and 5 friends going for a leisurely sail. If you look on the outside the wind is in the upper teens and you can tell that the girls are all soaking as we were sailing at a pretty good clip. At no point did I feel in danger or overpowered on the Getaway. The boat is under control, sails well and is very forgiving perfect for noobs. The wings add a bit of safety, as they act as a sort of lifeline. This is where the Getaway is such a great boat in big water with a bunch of passengers. There's a lot of real estate. As Mary has said the Wave is simpler and easy to rig. Either way, you'll love getting your kids on the water.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And to anyone that thinks that the Getaway doesn't have a place. I'll say that I've probably sold more of them than any other model in the 10 years I've been doing this. They definitely fill a niche.