When I first saw this thread, I said I dare not mention Vertglas again; I remember the long thread and discussion last time. I take care of my white 1990 Hobie 18 and my daughter's blue 1987 Hobie 16. I followed the instructions on the Vertglas website and did both boats. I think it took two hours the first year. Every summer I wait for a day with no wind (no sailing, nothing else to do) and I wash the boats, then put two quick coats on; the boats clean up well and look great. No more compounding with a commercial buffer; no more sanding. I did get my lead from Jake's thread and I appreciate it. If you have more than one boat, buy a starter kit and an extra 32 oz bottle of sealer. Get an extra 6 inch applicator, because if you make a mistake (like I did) and do not rinse it out, then put it in a clear, airtight plastic bag, it will dry out and be unusable.

You'll like the product. Not available in any stores that I know of, you'll have to find it on the web http://www.marinestore.com/. This could be a good product for Rick and Mary to pick up, as long as they match the price.

I get pretty anal about my boat and decals; Vertglas seems to bring life back to the colors. You do need sixty degrees, though.

Smooth waters,
Wyatt