New thread: Has anyone saved anyone else's life recently?
I am curious about potential numbers and how often this happens with sailors: Maybe about every 5 years I have picked up a poor soul in seriously dire straits, like April 10. Last Saturday had perfect conditions and we had 4 A-cats out, zooming around for hours in 17 knots, then we went in. Then I noticed this bright red balloon floating way out there, that soon looked more boat-like. I sailed out to find a capsized Force 5, asked if the skipper wanted help and said I would stand by. The guy said he could get it up- flop- but after the second flop- there was no way. Despite this being April, he didn't want to come with me, so I left to get Chris Cordes for wet-duty help. So when we got back out in 10 minutes there the Force5 had turtled, so it was definitely a good thing to have gone out to help.
Good on yer, Chris Cordes, the leaper, de-capsizer and steerer as we flew back to our beach with the blue man, Andrew. This Force5 had never gone so fast- at least 10 knots- carrying 2.. We warmed, changed and anesthetized Andrew before I took him to his car and trailer 3 miles away upwind. All the powerboats that had been out earlier had disappeared!

Dacarls:
A-class USA 196, USA 21, H18, H16
"Nothing that's any good works by itself. You got to make the damn thing work"- Thomas Edison