Hi Rex -

I only see that one of the events on your club calendar is designated as an F18 event. If you can give me an idea of any other events that will include seperate F18 scoring, I will add it to the NAF18 schedule myself.

John,
We don't have any 'F18-only' events scheduled at our boatyard in Madison, CT (yet). (The google calendar just captures all the Northeast open beach cat events that I am aware of.) Our May 17 regatta, of course, will include an F18 class). To my knowledge, I only know of one planned northeast 'F18-exclusive' event in the works for Sandy Hook NJ, (and that is the one listed on the calendar).It's tentatively scheduled in in NJ the week before the Liberty race.

My pipe-dream (no snide comments!), though, was to look over the schedule of F18 stuff and maybe generate interest for a 'Tour de I-95' cup series or something like that, (not necessarily for this year but maybe next year). There are a few of us that have some interest in doing this. Like golf tournaments, the best way of 'herding our cats' might be to have the interest group all moving in one geographical direction throughout the sailing season, i.e. NJ to Maine. A good start in organizing this is knowing when/what the events may be ocurring. Logistically, this is, of course, nearly impossible to coordinate, but with a little cooperation, folks might be able to come up with a reasonable plan that work, and form the basis for some future scheduling rationale.

Nacra F18 #856